“quality facility” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ozark, Missouri
“quality facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'd echo what another reviewer said about the accessibility--you see the sign from the highway but you go thru/around a couple other hotels and even kind of thru their parking lot to get to the building.

Overall, though, this is a great hotel and the rooms are really nice. It was rated 2.5 stars on Hotwire, and I'd say that's about right. It's not super fancy, but it's clean & comfortable and overall my wife & I were very pleased with the room. Bed was really nice, every part of the room was clean, it seemed to be a very quiet location, and the front desk provided quick check-in and checkout.

The kitchenette is a definite plus and the rooms and lobby are tastefully furnished. Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pitt82marino
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay and that you would stay again! I'm working on the entrance signs and completely understand how it can be a little tricky finding us. Hopefully once the new sign's are in place our guests will find us with ease. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs in the Joplin area.
Again, thank you for your business!

417-623-9595

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is your standard room with a small kitchenette. One of the things I like about staying that this specific location is the handy DVD player in each room and the DVD library located at the front desk. Who wants to pay for overly priced in room movies when you can do it for free? The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bathroom provided all the ammenitites you'd need. The kitchen area provided cooking as well as dinning suppies.

Room Tip: One of the things I always look for are electrical outlets. Do I have to move the bed out in order...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NonnahsS
Dear Traveler,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that we met your expectations on comfort and cleanliness. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of having a DVD player in your suite. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs next time your in the Joplin area.
Again thank you for your business, travel safely!

Candlewood Suites
417-623-9595
Westchester, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I only stayed one night and it was a pleasant stay. The "suite" has a kitchenette and I really appreciated the full-size refrigerator (I was traveling and "toting" perishables). The room was very clean which is always my number 1 concern.

The only draw back was the location -- after driving around the area, I had to call the hotel to specific directions (they are located BEHIND another hotel).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank l c
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad to hear we met your expectations on cleanliness and that you were pleased with our full size kitchenette. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties finding us. Please feel free to contact me directly for any lodging needs that you may have in the Joplin area. Again thank you for your time.

At Your Service!
417-623-9595 ext. 112
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The whole staff was very friendly, along with super clean rooms !! Anything you may have forgotten they have for you> The front desk is very knowledgeable so if you want to go somewhere they can help !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank MonteTHall
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Candlewood Suites is most suitable for those who need to stay several days. The room had microwave oven, a full refrigerator, a stove, as well as dishes for someone wanting an "at home feel." They do not offer a complimentary breakfast.
The staff personnel are courteous and and friendly.
The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's rest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PoppaTom
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We just stayed for one night. We found the room to be "cozy" and quite a bit smaller than the previous Candlewood that we stayed at in Indianapolis, IN.

With that said, it was clean and comfortable. I would have just one minor suggestion for the Candlewood in Joplin, please put another trash can in the suite, specifically in the bathroom. It is not always possible to share the can with the kitchen!

Room Tip: The hotel entrance is a bit tricky to find. The hotel is set back off of the street so there are s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonnie B
, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I'm very glad to hear you had a comfortable stay here at Candlewood Suites in Joplin MO. Thank you for taking time to review and comment on your stay. I really appreciate it! Until now it had not occurred to me that the bathroom trashcan would be hard to find. We do keep it hidden under the bathroom sink. Please feel free to contact me personally for any lodging needs in the Joplin area. Again, thank you for your review.
Have a great summer!

Candlewood Suites
Joplin MO
(417)623-9595
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I am impressed with the service. Even though I book the room for the wrong days, they were able to get us a room for us and our two cats. It was quiet and clean and I would stay here again. Thank you so much for this part of our trip easier

• Stayed May 2012