“Good price and clean, but not fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn Joplin

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good price and clean, but not fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

First, we have to agree that you can't trust your GPS. The first time we stayed here, we wandered around parking lots about 1/4 mile north of the actual hotel. Best to just remember to turn west just south of Starbucks. Hotel is clean and OK, but nothing special. Bed was really uncomfortable. Staff was nice. Breakfast was OK. Again, clean, low-priced room but not much more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do want to apologize that your GPS got you lost. I have been informed by Navtech, who is the company that handles all GPS mapping, that our location is correct in their system. they also told me that if a guest hasn't upgraded their system it will take them to the wrong location. I don't know if this is the case with you system but i have investigated your issue with the company that handles mapping and they show our location correct. I also apologize you found our bed to be uncomfortable. In the future you can always ask the front desk about our mattresses. We have them rangeing from soft to very firm. I hope to see you again soon and you have a wonderful day!

Quality Inn Joplin Missouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lebanon, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Filthy bathroom- pubic hairs in tub and dirty sock...not ours behind bathroom door! Complained to no avail and no call from Manager...they charged our credit card full amount when we said not to. Person at desk said they would not process the payment. Yet, they did. When you can;t sleep because of person screaming outside our room and them you can't shower because of it being dirty with someone elses pubic hairs still in the shower.... yet alone finding a persons nasty sock in the bathroom - this is sick and we have never had an experience this bad in any hotel before. Poor house keeping and poor management for not calling us & still processing payment when we said not to. We stayed Nov st ... Friday night ....and it is Nov 7th and still no phone call!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LonO69
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize that you haven't received the message i left on your voicemail. I got the information about your issues on 11-04-2013 and called you at 10am on that morning. I did discount your room for the inconveniece with the hair in the tub. As for the noise in the room next to you, if you would of called the front desk while that was going on we could of put a stop to the noise or asked the guest to leave if it continued. We can handle any situation that arises as long as we are notified before the next morning at check out. You should see an adjustment to your credit card from our hotel on 11-04-2013. I do hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful day!

Lula,Ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

There are 2 3325 Arizona Ave addresses in Joplin-1 North of I44- I44 South! Go North!! Property is not easy to find. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was very nice, clean, comfortable, fridge, microwave. Restaurants close by. Breakfast room small- not the best breakfast selection. Reasonable rates. I do recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the issues you had trying to locate the hotel. We have had some problems with older GPS systems taking guest to the wrong location. Unfortunately the only way to fix the issue with your GPS is with an update. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us even though you encountered issues trying to locate the hotel. We hope to see you again soon and as always thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Joplin.

Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This room was both very nice and very cheap. My wife and I had plenty of space to spread out in the King Suite, with a fold out couch to boot. I always expect a clean room and was not dissapointed. The location is close to many restaurants, but you may have some trouble finding it as you have to drive through the Comfort Inn's parking lot to get to it. On the flip-side, change should come to the breakfast area. With only four tables it does not handle the hungry continental breakfast crowd very well. Pushed into tight quarters, the serving line is a shoulder to shoulder experience that will find you saying "excuse me" more often than you would like. Maybe you can grab breakfast and head to the room. Cheap and Clean won our day.

Room Tip: Sleep cheap and clean, but eat breakfast elsewhere on the money you saved!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always nice to see a nice review. I unfortunately can't change the breakfast room set up due to the way it was built. We do have 5 tables in our breakfast room and i know there are times many guest come down at the same time. You are right though, breakfast in the room is one option as well as our lobby. We do have a nice lobby with comfortable couches if you find it to crowded in our breakfast room. Thanks again for choosing Quality Inn Joplin and we hope to see you soon.

Qualilty Inn Joplin
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

After waiting nearly two weeks for a response from said Inn, I regretfully must give this hotel a poor rating, since they neither responded to my survey I left at the desk at check out nor my e-mailed survey. I have never been in such a dirty room. Having been a house keeper twice, I tend to be picky, but forgiving. First off, the bed had clean sheets, so we stayed. Sleep was why we came. However, the room was dirty in nearly every other way. The microwave had 'popcorn oil' (?) in it, crumbs on floor and in fridge, tub had serious scum ring, bathroom wall looked splattered from toilet, and the toilet paper holder was filthy. The bathroom floor had two cracked tiles with grout missing, right where you would step out of shower, safety problem to me. The night light only worked part of the time, but I did not care about that. I stripped the bed before we left, as I always do, as a curtesy for the house keeper, and found blood on both of the bed liners. Had I known it was there, that would have been a deal breaker. I also left a note to house keeper what she needed to clean, I did not want the next guest to also find a filth room. The fact that we made reservations with military discount and we where charged $10 over the lowest rate did not sit well, but on the up side, both desk clerks where personable, efficient and helpful. The breakfast was awesome. Would we go back? Not likely.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank yvonne h
Dear Guest,

I have addressed all your issues with housekeeping. I did send you a response on your survey. I received the survey on 9-19 and sent response on 9-20. If you haven't received that response i would like to find out why because we take all issues very seriously. Our guests are very important to us and we don't want any guest leaving with a negative experience. We do hope you return to see this is not a common occurance at our hotel. I hope you have a nice day and you can contact me at any time to discuss your issues further.

Ashmore, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Property is a "gold" award winner.
Arrived after dark, didn't see sign--quite small and under Comfort Inn sign.
Personnel were quite friendly and helpful.
A number of problems with room--faucet leaked, stool wouldn't flush adequately, received a suite, but set up was unusual and sitting area had no light.
Room was clean and bed was average at best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I've addressed your issues personally and responded to you twice now through Choice hotels and a survey still have not heard back from you. I did offer you a free stay at our hotel and do hope you utilize it so we can change your opinion of us. I hope you have a nice day.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two days here after reading the reviews. I was a little disappointed overall. There were quite a few pros: friendly staff, cleanliness, and newer amenities. It wasn't bad by any means. However, there were a couple of issues. First, the size of the room. I got a room with two double beds. Just be aware that these are, as advertised, double beds, and not queens. They were a little cramped. The room itself was also very small. I stay in the Choice brands quite a bit, including Quality Inns, but this room was the smallest that I had been in, even with the two double beds. The other issue, and maybe it was just a one-off, was that the AC had not been turned on, or to auto cool before we checked in. We arrived at night, on a hot day, opened the door to our room, and it was very hot. The bathroom was even worse. Again, maybe it was just an oversight, but it took about a half-hour to get it comfortable in the room. Overall, it was clean with friendly service. Hopefully, the staff just missed the air in the one room. Just know to expect the small rooms, and you will be fine.

• Stayed August 2013
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the oversight with the ac unit. It was indeed an oversight as we do set the ac and heat to a comfortable temperature for our arriving guests. I will get with our head housekeeper on this issue immediately. Unfortunately, our hotel was built as an Econo Lodge. Although we did much renovation to turn it into a Quality Inn we were unable to enlarge the rooms much due to it being a total tear down and rebuild. I was happy to see you were very satisfied with your service from our staff. We do strive to give excellent guest service. I do hope to see you again at our hotel.