“not bad”
Review of Quality Inn Joplin

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed November 28, 2012

stayed here for 2 nites over thanksgiving. a decent hotel but nothing special either. i thought it a little over priced for the amenities offered.there are many choices in the area,proabably could have done better if i had known.did this thru choice priviledges and am very disappointed in their stinginess.will have to go back to wyndham i guess

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest

I want to apologize for your issue with our amenities. We do offer several amenities such as continental breakfast, free wi fi in all rooms, business center, exercise room, and guest Laundry just to name a few. However, we do not have a pool, hot tub, or shuttle service which is offered at some of the other hotels in our area. I know if you would of shopped around you would of found that for the amenities we do offer or price is much lower than our competition with similar amenities. As for choice being stingy, i don't quite get what you are talking about. Choice has a program called choice privileges that gives 10 points for every dollar you spend, but there are qualifying rates for this. At our hotel all senior and AAA rates are included in the the qualifying rates but any discount given lower than those rates are not qualified. Choice Privleges also offers promotions several times a year ranging from free nights after 2 stays to double and triple points. There are of course rules to all this and at any time a guest service agent can give you details on how the promotions work. I do hope you reconsider and give choice hotels a second chance and as always thank you for choosing Choice Hotels.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Joplin

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Small, quiet room and friendly service. No bedbugs. Shower head missing its front but still functional. Breakfast was bagels, cereal, pastries, waffles, biscuits and gravy. Address doesn't match GPS, so keep an eye out for the smallish sign.

• Stayed: November 2012
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you personally for choosing Quality Inn of Joplin. Also, the issue with the piece missing on the shower has been fixed thanks to you pulling it to our attention. We have been working hard to get the GPS issue fixed. I have been in contact with many individuals about this very issue. I am condident that the issue will be resolved soon. We hope to see you soon in the future and as always thank you for choosing Quality Inn.

Matthew D Miller

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Chris at desk was very pleasant, Kitchen Attendent was Awesome and a Joy to converse with, and sincere. Our Rooms were Clean, the set up was different but pleasing, all areas were well attended to, would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for the kind things you had to say about our hotel and staff. As always we welcome all feedback from our guests! We sincerely take our jobs in the guest service industry to heart and we are always appreciative when someone recognizes our efforts. Thanks again for choosing Quality Inn and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Matt the manager goes above and beyond with customer service. The breakfast girl Dottie will treat you like a guest in her house. I was impressed from the moment i checked in to the moment i checked out. Rooms very clean and the breakfast had many items to choose from. This may not be a 5 star hotel but the service sure made me feel like i was at a 5 star hotel. Very friendly staff and a great place to stay with excellent prices. If you are in Joplin this hotel deserves your business!!!!

Room Tip: rooms in the middle seem to be quiet with little or no noise from hallway traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Amy,

It is always nice when our staff is recognized by name when going above and beyond to make sure our guests needs are met. Dottie has only been with us for a short time and we have been very pleased with her as a breakfast attendant. Its nice to hear from our guest that they feel the same. As always we thank you and welcome any feedback good or bad! Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was WONDERFUL!!!!! The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great and the staff was FANTASTIC!!!!! They really made you feel like they cared about you. From now on, whenever i visit Joplin, i will stay no place else, only at the Quality Inn!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for all the kind things you had to say about our hotel. It's always nice when someone recognizes the efforts our staff puts forth to give excellent guest service. Our goal has always been to stirve for excellence in our guests eyes. We appreciate each and every guest that walks through our doors and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Reading the reviews for several hotels in the area, I was concerned about finding an affordable option without bugs. This was definitely it. The room was very small but very clean and surprisingly quiet. The bed was one of the best we've encountered after being on the road for 3 weeks. The shower was hot and had good water pressure, though perhaps that was a function of showering at 6 am on a Saturday. In room coffee was a one cupper which was inconvenient . Breakfast was adequate: instant oatmeal, waffle maker, cereal, bagels and assorted rolls but get there early because the breakfast room is awkwardly shaped and could easily become cramped. Not their fault... Just the way it is. All in all good place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: November 2012
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to personally thank you for the great things you had to say about our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback, good or bad! We strive to give excellent guest service and want all our guests to leave feeling as if they were a guest in our home. We also feel for the price you get an outstanding place to stay. We hope you choose Quality Inn for your next visit to Joplin and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I thought I would give some other hotels a try while in Joplin, but I will not stay here again. I had issues as soon as I walked in and got no help from the staff. They told me they offered a hot breakfast but there wasn't any.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank janabana041
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely take the time to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I was extremely disappointed to hear you had a negative experience while staying with us, I assure you this is not a usual occurance. We have been the #1 Quality Inn in the state of Missouri for the past 6 months and ranked # 63 out of the entire brand. We strive to give execellent guest service to each and every person that walks through our door and i want to extend my apology to you for any and all issues you had during your stay with us. My name is Matthew Miller and I would appreciate if you could give me a call at 417-627-0440 to discuss your issues further. I have currently advised the front desk to use the term continental breakfast not hot breakfast as to not mislead anyone who may be staying with us. We do offer some hot items on our breakfast for example biscuits and gravy, waffles, and oatmeal. We also offer many fresh items along with dry cereals and pastries. I can surely understand that the term hot breakfast can be interpreted to mean many things by many different guests. I also want to assure you that guest service is our number one priority and i will be addressing this to all my front desk staff immediately. Once again i want to extend my deep apologies to you regarding all your issues with your stay and would love to invite you back next time you are in Joplin to hopefully turn your opinion of us around.