“Always Yummy!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Onion Cafe

Red Onion Cafe
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Joplin, MO
“Always Yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I work right across the street from Red Onion, so I've eaten there many many times. I've had lunch, dinner, and take-out from here, and I have yet to be disappointed. Some of my favorites are the Mandarin Orange salad, which has their awesome house dressing and candied almonds, and Penne from Heaven, penne pasta with bacon, green onions, and cream sauce. They have great sandwiches too, especially the veggie and philly cheesesteak. For me it is one of the most consistently good restaurants in Joplin, and I will always look forward to a meal from there!

“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited the Red Onion with my mother for lunch last month. The food was great, I finished all of mine. I ordered the Tuscany Chicken, and the sauce was awesome! The desserts are delicious, but are frozen and then thawed, being shipped in from St. Louis. It'd be great if they had some "made in house" desserts. However, I would definitely eat here again.

1 Thank nanavb13
Laguna Woods, California
“"Quality comfort food in Downtown Joplin"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We went here with a family member partly on the highly rated recommendations from TripAdvisor - it is located in downtown Joplin - plenty of parking nearby - area is not the greatest but don't let that scare you away - when you enter, the restaurant does have a very nice, warm atmosphere -
The home of comfort food - the highlights for us were the Veggie Burger and the Chicken Tuscany Pasta meal, while the Downtown Grilled chicken dinner was just OK -
We thought our server, Raquelle, was excellent -

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sun City West, Arizona, United States
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal and excellent service! We saw this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. We weren't disappointed!

1 Thank Koa_Holoholo
Canada
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

After a long day at Mercy Hospital and a recommendation from one of the nurses, we enjoyed a very nice meal at Red Onion. A friendly greeting from the host and even more friendly service from the waitress. We started off with the Smoked Chicken Dip..YUM!!! It is a must. It was a rainy day in Joplin, so we opted for the loaded baked potato soup with our dinner. It was very good. Entrée...Arkansas Smokehouse Chicken and Tuscany Steak. The food is very good...nice place to relax and enjoy your meal.