“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

While in town on business, I checked here and with the hotel staff, and the Red Onion was the clear recommendation. I will say, in all of my travels, this meal was one of the best I have had anywhere! From the quality of the food to the presentation, this meal was worthy of being placed along side those I have paid 4 times as much for in big city restaurants. It is very easy to see that someone here is thinking hard about what they are doing, and they have the skills to pull it off. This is a must stop if traveling to Joplin or traveling through on I-44.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been a regular here for over 15 years. And the food continues to be excellent.

But I did notice a couple of things that I'll watch for next time:

- there was less cheese in the French onion soup than in the past

- there was less chicken in the Tuxedo chicken than I've had in the past

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here last year when I visited my two American cousins. This is one of their favourite places to eat and I can see why. Food is excellent, especially their Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake. Good atmosphere and the service is great. The staff treated me almost like royalty when they realised I was from England and gave me a bottle of their home made salad dressing to take back home Want to visit my cousins again soon, so I can go back to the restaurant again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice "downtown" cafe. Ample parking in rear of restaurant. Quaint/quiet which was nice when trying to visit with friends. Only 2 soup choices...potato soup was average. Mandarin chicken salad was good ( house vinigrette dressing made the salad). Was told the key lime cheesecake was very good ( wish I had known that before having the soup).

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I happened to be passing through Joplin on a road trip and tried this restaurant based on online ratings. I was not disappointed.

The food tasted very fresh and was surprisingly good. The portions were a good size--not overly large, not too small. Even my espresso at the end of the meal was good.

I had the pasta with chicken and cream sauce. My wife had chicken with vegetables (no pasta). They made penne with butter for my kids. Everything was good.