“nice place to dine”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

visiting friends in Joplin and upon their recommendation we ate at the Red Onion. We had the greatest hostess--friendly and accommodating--one of the best 'Latte's I have had in a very long time!!!
It was lunch and new year's eve but a good crowd and tasty food--onion soup was warm and comforting and my husband and I split the Philly sandwhich--we both were satisfied and filled up. Thank you for great service and great atmosphere

There are newer reviews for Red Onion Cafe

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was my 2nd taste of Joplin. Eat dessert first and order that Bourbon Kentucky pecan pie (woo!). Everything is good here and the price is reasonable. There's soups salads sandwiches chicken seafood and pasta. Service is great.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate at the location on 32nd Street in Joplin. It's kind of confusing because no one meets you at the door, you have to walk towards the back of the place, order your food and they then bring it to your table. We actually just decided to sit down and look at their menu, took our time deciding what to order and then went up and ordered it. They had a lot of young people working that night and they were very friendly. The food - which leans towards Italian - was excellent and everyone in our party really liked their meals. We'd recommend it, but just be aware that it's confusing when you first walk in.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The food and atmosphere were great. The host who sat us was not professional at all. He just tossed the menus to us and even one landed in the floor. He didn't offer to pick it up either. He said "guess i over shot it" rude I thought. Food was really delightful. I had the coconut chicken strips /yummy!!'. I will to back but I will say please work on your customer service. It matters a lit to me!!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Expensive, over-rated, place where Joplin's over-rated, full of themselves locals like to congregate.

Been to Red Onion Cafe? Share your experiences!