“Great hotel!”

TownePlace Suites Joplin
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Branson, MO from OKC. This was our first time to stay at a Townplace Suites although we are Marriott reward members. I must say I was impressed. Since we were really only there to sleep, unfortunately we didn't get to take advantage of all the amenities such as....the indoor pool, free DVD rentals, exercise room, kitchen, etc. We did eat the free continental breakfast and it was ok. Muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, etc.

The only complaint that I had was the bathroom was kinda small. Not so much the bathroom, but the vanity area. It did have drawers though which is unusual at a hotel. No toilet lid to close and set my overnight bag on though. They offered the complimentary shampoo and conditioner, but no lotion which would have been nice.

The small kitchen was wonderful although we weren't there long enough to use it. But we did purchase some microwave popcorn in the little store they have and popped that. Full size microwave, even a dishwasher. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was nice too. Very clean. Reminded me of a small studio apartment.

We would definitely stay here again if we're in the area. We only paid $69 and that was a weekday (day before Thanksgiving too). I was thrilled at that. The area seems safe and convenient to I-44. Before long there will be all kinds of other restaurants, hotels, etc. in the area I'm sure. It is located directly behind a Cracker Barrel. There is a new and very nice casino about 8 miles away on exit 1. This hotel is located at exit 8a. They do allow pets because we saw several there. I think they charge a non refundable pet fee of $75, I think I remember reading.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oklatraveler

Reviewed December 31, 2007

I reserved what was supposed to be a "larger suite" to stay in while my husband, son and I visited family in the area. The truth is, these are not suites in any sense of the word, they are just regular rooms with a kitchenette. There was no separation between the beds and the so called "living area" which didn't even have a couch, so we had to go to bed when my son did.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank sls239
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I am in Joplin on business about 1 week a month and this facility meets all of my personal and business needs. The facility is well maintained and has all of the ammenities required for a comfortable stay in excess of a week. The location is south of the city but easy access to Rangeline (N-S major artery) makes it convenient to get anywhere within minutes. You can walk to Cracker Barrel (right next door) if you don't care for their quick breakfast items. There is a Fazzoli's just across the parking lot if you are looking for a cheap italian lunch or dinner. All in all, this is a great place to stay for a business trip or just a quick stop for the night while on the road.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Geocaching Ace
Reviewed December 5, 2007

This hotel has the nicest staff I have ever encountered. Love the walk
thru closet. Breakfast has both hot and cold items on it and is very much appreciated. Will always choose this hotel over the others in the
area.

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank letsgoviii
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Very nice place to stay while on the road. Clean, comfortable didn't get to use the kitchen but everything was spotless. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Great AAA value for the basic room (2 beds, kitchen area, vcr/dvd combo).

Would stay here again. Kitchen utilities included.

Off I-44. Will have to drive to restaurants, whereas if you stay at the Drury or Hampton Inn, you can walk to Outback, Bob Evans, or Olive Garden. But it is a 3 minute drive, nothing outrageous.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BuckeyeHoosier
Reviewed March 1, 2007

My son is attending college in Joplin, so we went on a one night visit. We were very pleased with this hotel. The room was large, very clean and very comfortable. We a baby, so the refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher were very helpful for bottles.
I would highly recommend this hotel. The indoor pool was a bit cold, but otherwise it was a great experience!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family