“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Stella, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently stayed, the hotel staff were very courteous and friendly. Jina at the front desk was very friendly and we checked in very late, had a great room. We will definitely stay here again. The hotel was totally booked we asked them to let us know if a room became available and they did text us that afternoon they had a cancellation. It is newly remodeled and the rooms are bright and colorful and very clean! Next to the interstate and a couple of restaurants you can walk to. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kmfacs
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room! Your review will be posted for our entire team to read, and Jina will be especially commended for her superior service. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you to Joplin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
dallas
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice bright decor.. desk has a useful colorful back board with places for pens, paper etc. Also has a clipboard built into the back board area. Very clean room. Comfortable bed. Right next to a Cracker Barrel. The bathroom door opened out to the vanity in very close quarters and when open, you can't access the closet door. But this was just a minor inconvenience. Overall very nice stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed our bright new colors at TownePlace Suites Joplin! We are very pleased with the outcome of our recent renovation, and the Home Office desk in our two queen bed suites are great for our travelers who are working, or just need some extra space to spread out. We hope to see you again on your future travels to Joplin.
Guthrie Center, Iowa
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stay about every other month to visit my daughter, who lives in town! I always stay at TownePlace Suites, when in town because the staff is friendly and efficient. Housekeeping is great, I am never disappointed with my room! The breakfast is simple but delicious...especially the waffle bar on the weekends! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and our future travelers. I will be sure to share your story with our entire team. We'll see you on your next visit!
Lebo, Kansas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stay at this hotel about every 3 months on business.

I booked my room through Marriott Rewards and was guaranteed room type. Especially since I am a gold member. When I got there they told me there were no king suites available and that they booked me into a Queen Suite, I probably could have let that go except it was the handicapped room on the first floor. I double checked my reservation and went back to the front desk and said I have a guaranteed room type. They just couldn't help me. I was upset but this stuff happens and I would have problem let it go.

Here is the reason for this review
What really bothered me is that they changed my reservation on the Marriott Web site with out telling me to the new room type so that they would not have to honor the guarantee. This is extremely deceitful. I have proof of this and have a complaint in with Marriott Corporate

However, I do not believe I can trust this hotel to honor a reservation in the future. If they changed a reservation, what would have stopped them from cancelling it on the website w/o telling the guest.

There are a lot of hotels in Joplin. Stay at one that is ran by honest people.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
10 Thank J F
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott as a Gold Elite Member. I apologize that we were unable to honor your room type request. On the day of your arrival, we did not have a one bedroom king suite available, but did have a one bedroom queen suite. I am sorry that you feel that we were dishonest, but I can assure you that we have no access to any personal information, or can make any changes to a reservation, through the Marriott Web Site. In addition to the discounted room rate applied to your stay, I will continue to try to contact you via email in an effort to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. I hope that we can regain your trust and better serve you on a future stay in Joplin.
USA
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The bed was hard and a good nights sleep was impossible. Outside lights though the window. The breakfast was nothing but oatmeal. I will not return to this hotel. There must be better places to stay in Joplin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We completed a renovation to our guest rooms in January of this year, and as part of that new blackout drapes were installed in every room. We have also enhanced our breakfast offerings to include a hot waffle bar each weekend, in addition to our continental breakfast (cereals, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc.). I would like to gather more details about your stay so that we can check the drapes and mattress in the room you occupied to prevent any future issues. Please contact me directly at 417-659-8111.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here on the way down to Galveston Texas for a cruise. We needed a Handicap Accessible room for my Brother-in-law who is in a wheelchair. The Accessible room could not have worked out better. While we were leisure travelers on this occassion, the thought given to business travelers was evident. The breakfast was great with a nice selection of items.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed your cruise! I am glad you found one of our accessible rooms to be helpful, and enjoyed our breakfast as well. I will share your comments with our entire team, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Loveland, CO
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Town Place Suites has comfortable rooms with fully equipped kitchens which is great for longer stays. You have all these amenities at reasonable prices. The hotel staff gives you great customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We hope to see you again soon!