“Thumbs up, thumbs down...”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #77 of 225 Restaurants in Joplin
Jamaica, New York
“Thumbs up, thumbs down...”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Where ya gonna find ten gallon hats and bikers all together under one roof? At Waffle House in Joplin Missouri is where! This was an interesting dining experience for me. The place is quite small but it's set up so the wait staff serves you from behind the counter. Brilliant! Was there on a Sunday morning so had a slight wait but there are a row of chairs opposite the counter to hang out while waiting. Was seated within maybe 5 minutes or so...
Very good service, breakfast was great, friendly waitress who kept the coffee coming. Couldn't ask for more!
Only one downside for me. And a dealbreaker... The whole small establishment is one big "smoking" section. Maybe I'm just a spoiled New Yorker but I had the crazy idea that smoking in restaurants was a thing of the past. If I had known beforehand I would have saved myself from the "secondhand" smoke!! Sorry Waffle House... I gotta pass next time I visit. That's really too bad because I liked it otherwise.
RATING: *4 stars minus 1 for the smoking*

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Helen_NuMetal

Been to Waffle House? Share your experiences!