“Quick stop on the way through town”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #58 of 232 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Overall, pretty tasty burgers and yummy vanilla shake, which tasted much like a malt.
My kids split a double mini kids meal. Tiny burgers but I was happy there was no waste (and cheaper to boot). You can get applesauce as the side, too.
I would prefer a local restaurant, but needed something quick on our drive to Branson. This fit the bill.

There are newer reviews for Steak 'n Shake

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner in Joplin tonight after dropping kids off at camp. We ate the counter since there were 2 or 3 groups waiting to be seated. There burgers and fries were tasty, and the shakes were good as well.

Ryan, our server took good care of us and we would stop by again the next time were in Joplin.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a quick bite on our way across on I-44. The restaurant was very busy but our food was awesome and we had great service too. Will definitely stop here again!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ordered food on the go, we were in the RV with the dogs and received exactly what we ordered. Only problem was that they put so much mustard on my cheeseburger I had to use a napkin to wipe it off. French Fries were great, nice and crispy but he shake was so thick I couldn't drink it. I am sure we will stop here again as it is right next to sams and a great strip of grass for the dogs, I will just be more careful when ordering and tell them no mustard.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The wait staff was warm, friendly and attentive. Everyone seemed to look out for us and not just the one person assigned to us. Food was good and served very quickly.