“The last place in joplin to geta decent drink...and smoke!”
Review of Club 609

Club 609
Ranked #41 of 230 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“The last place in joplin to geta decent drink...and smoke!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Probably the best bar in Joplin. Bartenders are outstanding, and can pretty much make you anything. The drink specials during happy hour are excellent (2:1).

Food is okay...and overpriced. If you do eat, go with the turkey club sandwich and flash fried spinach. Everything else is...okay. If you really are hungry, just gp across the street to the Sawmill BBQ place.

Overall- great place for grabbing a drink and socializing.

Visited March 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“The Little Black Dress”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

609 is the place to go for dinner and drinks in Joplin. Their marketing campaign is designed around the Little Black dress and it is true. Not that I wear dresses, but I get the concept. No matter what other restaurant you try in Joplin, you always come back to 609.

If you are from Joplin, you will always find someone that you know at 609 on a Friday or Saturday night. It is the place to be seen.

After the Big Wind of '11 my family moved to Springfield. There are many things about Joplin that we miss and the great happy hour specials at 609 is one of them.

Pittsburg, Kansas
“very nice”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I like to hang out here. The food, service and atmosphere are all exceptional. I really like to feeling of being in this place.

Grove, Oklahoma
“Expensive”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I ate there once and had a great steak...melted in my mouth, before I knew it I had spent over a $100 on food and a few drinks. But that steak was worth it. I went again on my birthday and ordered the same steak, had to send it back twice then ended up ordering something else. Just didn't taste the same. The manager said they changed the cut of the steak. But I would still eat there.

Webb City, Missouri
“Not a good match for my taste”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I don't get the appeal here. Smoking is allowed in the front part of the restaurant - yuck. I found the food to mediocre at best. (But I know that lots of people like this kind of food, so who's to say?) Staff, however, are very sweet.

• Visited October 2012