“Great outing for evening. ”

Anderson's Ice Cream and Cinnamon Rolls
Joplin, Missouri
“Great outing for evening. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Anderson's has great ice cream and a nice relaxing atmosphere. You can enjoy your ice cream on the patio or take a short ride down to the bridge and enjoy it on one of the benches. Candy House is a definite bonus. With ice cream, chocolate, and cinnamon rolls available there is truly something for everyone.

1 Thank TravelFamily417

“The Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Anderson's is such a temptation ! The ice cream is rich and the cinnamon rolls are incredible. Please never leave! I grew up with them and have to go there every time I go visit Joplin.

Carl Junction, Mo
“Addicted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having had wonderful memories of the original Anderson's Ice Cream from my childhood, I couldn't wait for this one to open. Many of the original flavors and recipes (bubble gum!) are used and there is truly nothing like the taste of real hard packed ice cream. They offer quite a few flavors every day, but I keep going back to plain old chocolate or vanilla, but they are all excellent! Shakes made by Hannah are the best! The owner is involved in the community and greets you like a family friend. I'm almost embarrassed to say that we stop here about once a week:) don't miss this little part of Joplin history, it's worth the drive!

Visited June 2014
bucerias
“Old Time Ice Cream Recipes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Carrying on with Mr Anderson's ice cream. Only thing missing is Mr Anderson. !! Many favorite flavors for my family. Little bit of a drive but worth every bit. Generous helpings most of the time.

• Visited October 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Man oh man... well worth to push your diet to the side!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

So I visited my friend in Joplin, MO and asked him to take me to some local places that I wouldn't find any place else. The first thing that came to mind: Anderson's Ice Cream. With the weather so hot, I wasn't going to argue. We walked in and were instantly drowned in sweetness. It smelled SO good. We walked in through the Candy House (a separate establishment, but side by side with the ice cream shop. Apparently this ice cream shop was located someplace else for years and years but after Mr. Anderson retired, it was closed for a few years. Then a local man quit his corporate job and bought the name and ice cream and opened it up at its current location. The ice cream is so creamy and flavorful... and cheap! It truly amazes me how many times I will continually say how cheap things are in the Midwest compared to California. My friend and I sat outside on the patio and enjoyed our delicious treat. I had the lemon ice cream and it was so flavorful and rich. YUM!

• Visited August 2013