“Great Food”

Red Lobster
Ranked #113 of 234 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Food was good and was served quickly by a good server. Mixed drinks were well done and the shrimp scampi was excellent.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

your typical RedLobster place. the waiting staff was very nice. ordered 2 meals for carryout over the phone. ordered a smoothie when I got there to pick up the meals and the bartender there gave me the smooth on the house. cool deal.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We love red lobster but this was awful We tried the new kettles and never again. The red potatoes were mushy and they forgot the sausage. Everything was extremely salty. The only thing good was the sweet tea. Our server was very nice and kept our drinks full but service waiting in the food was slow. The manager did come and talk to us and was very nice and gave us a gift card for next visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went at lunch time and it was not busy. I looked over the menu and decided on a trio meal. When the server came over I got the impression she pre judged me because she did not seem interested in taking my order. My only request was that she add onions to my caesar salad. When I got my salad, yup...NO onions, but I ate it anyways because she did not come back over. It was good but would have been more enjoyable with the onions. Then I sat and waited....Got my meal without a side (was never asked what side I wanted) and someone else brought me way undercooked broccoli, which I did not touch because it was next to raw. The shrimp and lobster casserole portion of my dinner was lukewarm at best. I had cut the shrimp in half and tried to make the best of it, but it was just too cold. Flagged down the server and asked for it to be heated up. Out comes the young manager who says we are making you a new one. He then delivers my SAME portion, flaming hot. I know it is the same one because of the cut up shrimp! I Tell my waitress and she rolled her eyes and said "Oh no, not again". Out comes the manager again and tries to say it is new, until I point out the shrimp I cut up. He changes his tune fast and says it was a misunderstanding bla bla bla. I had to say at this point, the only misunderstanding is that I caught you lying and now you are trying to cover it up. He is still trying to cover so I had to tell him to just stop talking TWICE. He said he would take it off my bill and I said no, don't I will eat it, I was not trying to get something for free.I only wanted it heated up in the first place. It was taken off my bill anyways and I tipped the waitress the amount of the dinner, which was way more than she deserved for being so unattentive. I hope the next time she waits on a woman dressed in her unfancy "day off" attire with no make-up on, she remembers me and does not assume she is not worth her time.

1  Thank Casinoserver
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Generally, Red Lobster food is fine for what it is, commercially-prepared seafood with lots of melted butter. The cheese rolls are usually to die for (with heart attack if nothing else). But was there last month in the group party room--only one server for 20+ people. She did her best, bless her heart, but it was slloowww! And food came out either cool or lukewarm. Shrimp pasta was a pitiful clump of pasta, a few scrawny shrimp, glob of cold white sauce--looked (and tasted) like a cheap diet meal from the supermarket in cardboard box not quite heated up. Apparently, no climate control in party room--only two temps, stifling hot and chilling cold, to which the manager said with a laugh, "yes, it's always hard to control back there, I just keep trying to turn the heat on for awhile, then the cold, hope it averages out." A better answer would be, fix it!

1  Thank ronetc