“Great find but you have to look for it”
Review of Table Mesa Bistro - CLOSED

Table Mesa Bistro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I traveled back from Kansas City to Phoenix earlier this week and made a stop in Joplin to find someplace to eat as well as see the areas first hand destroyed by the recent tornado. It was easy to see the area the tornado went through because there was not much foliage or trees where they were ripped from the ground. It left us with a deep mournful feeling and then we proceeded down Main St. to find lunch. Main St. was full of empty buildings and newly built chain restaurants. There were also some Mom and Pop establishments that offered more typical fare of road food full of fat and fries. We hoped for something better. To our amazement, we found a wonderful restaurant, American Fork located in an old grocery warehouse on Main Street, The menu had a nice lunch selection as well as a soup of the day. In a typical Midwestern friendly manner, we were greeted by a friendly host and then a wonderful waitress. She explained some of the menu items to us and took our order. My wife ordered the Wagyu .sliders with fries and reluctantly, I ordered the Reuben. Immediately, our server dropped off fresh bread sticks and a spicy cream cheese spread. We gobbled them up and wanted more but decided to wait for our orders. The sliders were juicy and had a unique but pleasant flavor. My Reuben was served on a fresh, rye bread with lean, tasty pastrami. Both were wonderful and very satisfying. We were very pleased with our choice and highly recommend a stop here when in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I loved the two dinners I have had at Fork restaurant, formerly Table Mesa. I have eaten from both menus, and loved every bite. Favorites include the chips and salsa, the cheesy artichoke and kale dip and the macaroni and cheese burger. Is not overly loud or crowded, just right.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for something other than just your typical Mexican food that you find in Joplin, then Table Mesa is for you. The Carribean flavors give their food a unique flair. Love the hummus with a hint of lime and their pork roost is scrumptious. Have been there for both lunch and dinner and on two occasions, the service was very slow. Hope they can get that worked out because the food and atmosphere are great! I do hope they bring back the chile relleno because that was also one of my favorites.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We went here with family. There was a jazz group playing. The food was pretty good. The service was good. This would be a great place to sit outside during a warm evening. It is in a refurbished building. We all liked it.

1  Thank Kemper07
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Having experienced Mesa at the Bentonville, Arkansas location, we've been anxious to try the
Joplin store. I hate being fussy, but after such a perfect visit there, I had high expectations.
In short- food prep/presentation was very good. Many layers of flavor. I played safe and had a chicken enchilada for lunch. Only thing missing- salsa. I wanted to "juice it up" a bit. I already figured, since none was brought to the table like EVERY other Mexican/Latin restaurant in the region, that chips and salsa were not served as a pre-food appetizer at no cost. I got over that, but when I asked for a bit of salsa, I was told "I can order you some, for a dollar". Really? I politely said "I just want a bit to dress up my enchilada". Great opportunity for an attentive manager to drop by with some salsa, if not to appease a customer, but, hopefully to encourage a positive review. Nope. Sorry- not only will I not go back for lunch, business or otherwise, but I'll not go there for a dinner date with my wife. Problem I see is that I hear they're for sale. If that's so, and it's for declining business, my experience would have to play a part. We were there at 12:30 on a good weather Friday, and in the main dining room, I saw 8 other patrons. There's your sign.