“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Joplin
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in town one day on business, and I was booked into the Homewood Suites. The Directof of Sales was at the desk while a staff meeting was being held. She was so friendly and professional! What a great first impression. The rest of the team were all so nice! I can see why this is the number one hotel in the market. The room was very clean and well appointed. My only disappointment was the $ 75.00 pet charge. This was the highest I ever paid, a lot of money fir an eldery basset hound.

Room Tip: The back rooms, away from the busy road!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Keijan1961

Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I made the decision to move over to this hotel after staying at a another extended stay hotel in Joplin for a month after hearing other co-workers stating how much they enjoyed the staff and food at this hotel and all I can say it that I have not been dissappointed in the two months I have been here. The manager Denise is the most personable person you could ever meet, she makes you feel completely welcomed and cared for, at Christmas it was amazing to be welcomed with Christmas lights placed in the window of the living room of my suite, its the little touches when your away from home that warms your heart and lets you know how much they care. She goes above and beyond to accomodiate your needs and welcomes any suggestions to better the guest experience. At the front desk is Tammi and Kimra who are just as welcoming as Denise and are willing to take care of any of yours needs (ice cream topping on a desert, setting up the Xbox, etc.). Larry the cook makes some amazing food, it is the best hotel breakfast and reception I have had the opportunity to partake in in many years. You will never get bored with the complimentary breakfast (everyday) and evening dinner w/ beer and wine (Mon -Thurs) as it differs everyday. During Thanksgiving and Christmas and Larry prepared a feast for Thanksgiving of turkey with all the sides (mashed potates, gravy, green bean cassorole, etc. and deserts and for Christmas ham, again with all the sides and again deserts. Couldn't ask for a better place to be away from home during the Holidays. The rooms are extremely clean and housekeeping is very accomendating willing to supply extra towels, bedding, etc. The salt water pool and hot tub are terrific to take a dip or just relax. The work out room is well equipped and if your into golf there is a putting green just outside of the pool. Also I enjoyed many an evening with visting friends and family around the outdoor fireplace and on cool nights the fire was still enjoyable due to the patio heaters. Overall its been an amazing stay and would recommend to anyone needing to stay in Joplin. It's the place to stay when away from home.

Room Tip: Corner suites help to reduce noise from neighboring rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First, about their amenities:
A decent gym with a couple of treadmills and elipticals, free weights, bench, and pulley station with chin bar. They have a small pool and a hot tub indoors (in front of the gym). They offer a good selection of breakfast related foods, juices, etc., and dinners (believe Mon-Thurs) with beer, wine, juice, or coffee. The food bar is small and cozy but very nicely presented. The staff is very helpful and attentive to my needs. I've have witnessed one morning when ice formed on windshields staff members scraping the ice. My only regret was not having any cash to tip the gentleman who did that. I'm looking for him so I can repay in kind.

The room I stayed in was very comfortable, almost new. A king size bed, half kitchen, etc. Here's the kicker: since I arrived on Sunday (today is Thursday), my sleep has NOT been good. But I don't blame the hotel for it. It's just the room is too dry for me. Everynight, and getting progressively worse, I'm waking up in the middle of the morning because my mouth and throat is dry and my nose is completely stopped. Well, I contacted front desk and explained my situation to them. I really just wanted to know if they had a humidifier. I had to leave for work in the morning but promised to return later in the evening to speak with the Gen. Mgr. To my surprise when I arrived at the desk the attending person pulled out a brand new box with a humidifier and filter replacement. I didn't ask but I'm sure that unit cost at least $35! Can you imagine how I felt? Stunned is all I can say. I honestly didn't figure they would have a unit and fully expected to be told they couldn't do anything about it. I didn't expect them to go out and buy one. Well, I bought one as well. So we agreed that at the end of my stay we might discuss getting credited for my purchase. It's been an amazing stay thus far and fully expect it to be the same by next Friday when I leave to return back East.

The bottom line on my post is: I highly recommend staying at this hotel because of their outstanding customer service. They took care of me, and if I'm ever in Joplin again I'll be sure to return here.

Room Tip: No tip regarding a room but I hightly recommend going to Mohaska Farmhouse Restaurant. They're...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bismarck, nd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

3 adults stayed here November 17 2012. This place is new and beautiful with a great breakfast, pool, outside grill and patio furniture and putting green. If you like modern and clean with wonderful access to everything this is your place. The one lone drawback is that the walls are paper thin, you can literally hear the neighbor talking

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. I stayed I 104 first room on your left from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank umarymom
Jess S, Ownership at Homewood Suites by Hilton Joplin, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we passed through going to Dallas. The hotel is new, the suites are nice and the staff is great. Kimra at the front desk was fantastic. We arrived in time to enjoy their complimentary dinner time from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Mon. - Thurs. Served Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, garlic bread, string beans and salad bar. Complimentary beer and wine. Can't wait for the breakfast tomorrow morning. Very pleased.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary A
Salem, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

New construction, comfortable rooms, great breakfast, accommodating staff. Nice two room suites. Comfortable beds. Thumbs up! Would definitely stay again. Convenient location. Located on Joplin's south side.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank JChristopher
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked this hotel due to its location (Rangeline & 32nd), the steal of a rate (under $100/night), and the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. We had a king studio suite and had plenty of space for 2 adults and 1 kid. The rooms were immaculate with plenty of amenities (the full size fridge was the best!). The staff was friendly and exceptionally helpful. My husband and daughter said it was probably one of the best chain hotel breakfasts they'd ever had, and that there was plenty of options and plenty of seating. We didn't get a chance to use the fire pit, putting green, or fitness center, but they all looked nice. My husband and daughter also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We were able to check in early (by 3 hours). The hotel still smells new, but even so, they were already touching up the doorframes because of the "dings". My husband said as long as the rate doesn't skyrocket, he'll stay here every time he comes to Joplin (which is once or twice a year)...he also remarked that he woudln't be surprised if it put some neighboring hotels - like the LaQuinta and Fairfield Inn - out of business. Our only complaint - but this is standard for us in hotels - was the lack of very flat pillows.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in under 20 are futher away from Rangeline and the elevator, so there is less noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family