“Great Place to weather out the storm!”

Best Western The Oasis at Joplin
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Arapaho
“Great Place to weather out the storm!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We like staying at Best Western's when can and this one lived up to their name. The checkin staff were nice and friendly and answered some questions we had. The rooms were very clean even for a older motel. We checked out the pool area and it was nice for a outside area but we choose not to use it because a major thunderstorm was coming and it did. The hot breakfast was excellent, had everything you needed to get started in the morning. Will stop here again this fall. Also they have great prices.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry R
Nathan N, General Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hi Larry, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us in the future. The staff we have here do a wonderful job and I will pass on the compliments to all of them. I hope the next time you come through the weather will be a little nicer and if the pool is still open then you will get the chance to enjoy it. Take care and thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Joplin Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Overall the room and services were acceptable for a business trip. The only problem I had was with the Internet. The service was up and down and there were occasional routing problems. Not something acceptable if you need to get work done. Fortunately I have T-Mobile and was able to use my cell phone as a hot spot. Performance was better on my phone than the hotel Wi-Fi.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, General Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how your stay was because it is very important for us to fix any issues for our next guest. I'm sorry that you were having issues with our internet during your stay and I assure you that we have looked into the problem overall. If you want then you can give me a call at the hotel and I can find out more information about what room you were in and any more details on what the issue was for you. I hope that you will come back and stay with us and we will do all we can to make sure you have a better internet connection during your stay.
Laughlin, Nevada
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Lots of restaurants to choose from! (We chose Olive Garden) Beautiful lobby,great staff, outstanding remodel! Shower was GREAT! Very small room with too large furniture...nice tho. Yummy Strawberries and cream cookies at check in!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, General Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hi Marvene and Rick, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and the cookies that we offer at check-in. We are very proud of the work that we have done to the lobby and it's great to see the positive feedback on it. I will also let my staff know about your review and tell them to keep up the nice work at the front desk. I hope you will continue to stay with us anytime you are in town and can watch as we embark on more improvements for the hotel.
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Sorry, but this is one to avoid. The Suites are under-sized, dank, outdated, and over-priced. Aside from that, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was very good, and left nothing wanting. Joplin has many other hotels in the immediate area that certainly offer a better experience. I'll try one of them next time through.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, General Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hi Milan, I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations for our property. I would imagine that you probably stayed in one of our King Leisure suites, which is just an oversized room. I am proud to say that we just completed some renovations on our new double queen suite, which has a second room setup like a living room area. I would love for you to give us another chance the next time you are in Joplin instead of somewhere else. Call me directly at the hotel and maybe we can work something out for you to try our newly renovated suites.

Travelers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This Motel was very accessible to many great resturants and very close to major highways. The room was very comfortable-great bed-very nice linens. Carpeting looks new-the 24 hr pool was really fun. Breakfast was very good but they didn't have waffles but they did have everything else!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is so great to see the positive feedback from our guest and we strive to make sure all of our guest have the same experience you did. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Location is a vey important factor when you are traveling and it's great to be in a spot where you can get everything you need in one area. I hope that you will stay with us anytime you are back in the area.
Killeen, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very nice experience. Very helpful staff, clean room, adequate parking, easy access, close to restaurants and gas station. Only downside was Internet issues that particular night. Good small scale breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Katherine, I'm sorry that you experienced internet issues during your stay but I appreciate you letting us know about your stay. The internet has been checked for any issues and is working great right now. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything else about your stay and will pass on this information to the rest of my staff. Thanks for choosing Best Western Oasis and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was excited to spend my birthday weekend up in Joplin and found this hotel to be quite perfect in price & location for my time up there for 2 days. I didn't realize til the first morning I woke up that I was in between 2 rooms that were being renovated. :( So at 8am I heard a tile/wood saw outside my window - so I didn't get too much sleep after 8am on my mini-vacation. I was willing to overlook it - just wished I had notice about renovations going on by my room. I kept overhearing that they were fully booked, otherwise I would have asked to switch rooms.

The wifi did NOT work out the way it was promised. My laptop could not get a signal in the room no matter how many times I tried. (129) I had to sit in the lobby to do some work and get internet access. Even though they rebooted the router several times - it worked fine in the lobby, but NOT in my room. :( I'm not sure how that can be fixed, but my stay was missing that key link for work while away from home.

All the other amenities were just fine! Matter of fact, these days most hotels don't have any kind of fridge or microwave - so that was a great perk of my stay. The room was clean and quiet (with the exception of the renovations). Parking was a tad cramped in the back side of the property - but only felt that way because of the trucks of the workers. :) Again, my timing in my stay wasn't the best apparently.

I liked that I was in walking distance to the Waffle House and a gas station if i needed it. Sometimes you just don't feel like leaving the parking lot! :)

Room Tip: you might wanna find out more about the wifi signal - and if it reaches all the rooms. 129 did NOT...