“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Adrian, United States
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and my family have stayed in this hotel twice. The room is nothing spectacular, but it's clean and doesn't have anything wrong with it that would keep me from coming back. Only 2 small notes, there was a patched hole in our bathroom door and the stool was wobbly. Stuff I can deal with for the price they charge. If you looking for a hotel with comfort and where you will spend a lot of time in your room go elsewhere, but BEST VALUE in town here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review Cynthia. I'm glad that you decided to stay with us a second time and hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in Joplin. I have actually looked into the two issues that you had and had my maintenance department check them both out to get fixed properly. Also, if you are ever need to stay a couple nights then we do have some two room suites that are great for extended stay guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
n las vegas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I always enjoy staying with the Best Western Brand, I always get a good nights sleep as the beds are always comfortable and the rooms are always clean. We think the breakfast idea was genius. It is nice to know that you can have a bite to eat then get directly on the road, without having to stop somewhere first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi Brenda, I am really glad that we could live up to the Best Western name and you enjoyed your stay. We are all very proud to be part of such a wonderful brand. It really is nice and convienent to grab a good breakfast and hit the road and that is why we strive to provide this wonderful option for all of our guest.
Denton, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is your typical, average to below average hotel found alongside interstate highways near busy interchanges. It's not a bad hotel, but there seemed to be several better ones nearby. I had made a reservation, and arrived late at night, so changing after I saw it was not really an option. What made an average hotel below average was the lobby was completely gutted with blocked off with remodeling. Check-in was at a small temporary desk crammed into an already too small breakfast area. Then, after a long trip at the end of a longer day, I found myself climbing external stairs to the second floor carrying a heavy suitcase and computer bag as there was no elevator to be found. The room was very cramped and crowded with junk not needed for what this hotel is - an easy, cheap stopover on a road trip. There was probably less than 18 inches between the edge of a small refrigerator and the corner of the entrance way into the tiny bathroom area. The room had that "Congratulations! You are the millionth sweaty traveler to have stayed in this room" smell, but the a/c blew fast and cold. So fast in fact, that the cheap, thick curtains were lifted from the bottom so high as to potentially allow people walking by to peer into the room as I slept. I maneuvered the oversized, unnecessary chair against the window and wedged the trash can in between it and the window to pin the curtains down. If you just need a bed for the night, this hotel is an okay stay and a reasonable value for what it is. If you want anything more, you'll be happier looking elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Jack,
I would really like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectatations and that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. It is important for us to hear about all of our guest stays, in order for us to make necessary improvements. I do understand that our lobby is not very appealing at the moment but we are under a remodel and it will look wonderful when it is completed. If you decide to stay with us again you can give me a call at the hotel and I will do all I can to get you a room on the ground floor next time. Thank you for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall pleased with our stay, and will plan to stay there when future travel takes us through the area. Should be even better once their renovations are complete. Small, but comfortable room at a decent rate. Nice selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review Patricia!! We really enjoy being able to hear about our guest stay and it is good to know you enjoyed it. We look forward to the next time you are in the area and decide to stay with us. Hopefully we will be even closer to having the renovations done and you will get a chance to see the finished product.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have always chosen Best Western because they are pet friendly and I always travel with my best friend. The hotel is currently under renovations and updating but don't let that keep you away. The hotel staff is very helpful and treat you like a special guest. I have always found the beds to be very comfortable at Best Westerns. The room are always very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am glad that you had a chance to stay at this Best Western and would like to thank you for your loyalty to the brand. It is great to read these reviews so we know that we are doing things right. I hope if you come back through Joplin you will stay with us and get a chance to see our new lobby and breakfast area.
Joplin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Older hotel, but clean and well-presented. room was great, housekeeping was excellent. good amenities for this price range. friendly staff, and no hassles. Room was small, but it was only me, plenty of room for one, No irritating TV menu to navigate, and decor was great. I almost slept in the chair. free breakfast was average. but Starbucks with a breakfast menu is almost next door. not a big problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry if the room was a little small but glad to see that it was adequate enough for you. If you happen to come back through and you want a little more space then you should stay in one of our King Leisure rooms. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Pittsburg, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was thrilled to have been able to reserve a king size bed...and even more excited when I had enough reward points to use to "pay" for the room. The room could have been a bit longer, but was overall comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am thrilled that you got a chance to stay here with us and was able to make use of them best western rewards points. It is great that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us anytime you are in the area. Thank you so much for your review!!