“Best Value in Joplin”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Portland, United States
“Best Value in Joplin”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great stay. Very comfortable beds and clean rooms. Quiet stay with very friendly staff. Convenient location. 24-hour pool that won't disturb guests. Reserved a block of four rooms for Route 66 Festival and they put us all next to each other.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky C, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Richard,
It was great to have you and every one in your group stay here with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future if you pass through here again. We take pride in making our guest happy and it really pays off when we get to read these type of reviews. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice soft bed. Good pet policy. The room was just what we needed. Our stay was very pleasant and after a day of driving and walking and visiting with people, we fell right into the soft bed and slept solid until morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your review Stephen!! It is very important to find a nice comfy bed to sleep in when you are away from your own bed. Nothing seems to be quite the same but I am glad that ours was just as cofortable as home. I hope this will encourage you to continue to stay here with us anytime you are in the area.
Alvin, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a fairly nice hotel with very comfortable beds. The rooms were clean but the lobby was very outdated and uncomfortable feeling. The breakfast was good but the area where it was served was very small and cramped. They were renovating the lobby when I was there and hopefully it will have a much warmer feel to it once complete.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Roxanne, thanks for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I would like to tell you that our lobby will definately be alot more inviting when they are finished with the remodel. The current breakfast seating is to small and that is an issue we will be addressing with the remodel as well. So, I hope that when we have it all completed, you will come back by to take a look and see the wonderful impovement it will make to the hotel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while traveling with a group of friends on our way to car event. Rooms are adequate - nothing fancy but not horrible either. Booked a king with sleeper sofa and was pleasantly surprised to get a 2-room 'suite'. They've converted several of their connecting rooms to 'suites' with living area, TV, fridge in one room and bed & bath in adjoining room. Bathroom sink & some decor has been updated and rest is a little dated but still nice overall. Having 2 commodes was nice bonus. Breakfast was okay - scrambled eggs (probably powdered), biscuits, gravy, pastries, etc. Very little seating in breakfast area. If I were to stay in the area again I'd probably try another place but would stay again if no better options.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We appricate you choosing to stay with us on your visit through Joplin. It is great that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us and the convience of our two room suites. I do apologize that our breakfast area was to small and would have to agree with you. There are times when we get to full occupancy and it is difficult for some guest to find a place to eat their breakfast. I am proud to say that we are working on expanding our breakfast area and hope if you return to Joplin then you will come stay again to see it.
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The people there were very nice and helpful. I made reservation on line and when i got there i was able to get a room with two queen beds instead of one king since our granddaughter came with us. They also let our dog stay too even though they don't allow pets. We just had to pay a pet fee. We will be staying there again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Front Office Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We are glad that you got to bring your pet and grandaughter with you and we were able to accomodate you all. We look forward to having you stay with us next year and hope to give you another great stay.
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The facts; very bad old smoke smell or just nasty hotel smell. Carpet looked clean but felt damp on feet. Bed was so worn that my wife and I kept rolling into center of mattress. Bathroom was clean. Room/suite was large but actually two adjoining rooms.

Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: When you see artificial palm trees by the pool as you drive in, drive right back out and stay somewh...
1 Thank Ths737
I would really like to apologize for your stay with us. We never want any of our guest to leave here with a bad stay and we take all the advise from those bady stays to improve. We have actually looked into the smell in the room that you stayed in, as well as the bed issue. I assure you that if there was an issue then we will do everything we can to fix the situation. I would love for you to give us another shot if you pass through Joplin again. You can call me directly at the hotel and I will do everything i can to ensure a better stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Grapevine, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the third worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Being a pilot, I've stayed in many hotels in my 35 years of flying. The room smelled of old smoke and/or what I call, very bad hotel smell. The room felt dirty, the carpet felt damp, the bed was so old, my wife and I had to hang on to the edge so we wouldn't roll to the center. The fake palm trees by the pool as you drive in should have served as a warning. If I ever see that again, I'll keep driving and find somewhere else to stay. Interestingly, the desk clerk never asked us how we enjoyed our stay. She must be tired of getting an earful!!!

2 Thank Ths737
Nathan N, General Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dear Ths,

I am very sorry about not exceeding your expectations! I assure you that this is not the typical experience for our hotel and we have made many improvements to ensure a better stay for all of our guest. I would love to have you come back to stay with us and see the changes that we have made since your stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you in the future.