“Hotel prices at a Motel facility”

Best Western The Oasis at Joplin
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Passing through Joplin, Mo and place regularly stay at was booked up. Best Western had availability at $75.99 internet only rate so booked it since it was already 10:30pm and i was bout an 1.5 hrs away from the hotel. Arrived around midnight. Check in was uneventful. Realized quickly on way to room that rooms all opened to the outside of the facility like most motels usually do. The motel is old but looked like it had some work done to the rooms. The furnishings and carpet looked fairly new but the room had a slight moldy smell upon entry. The king bed was comfortable. The exhaust fan in the bath didn't work and the marble sink was very high and hard for my 4 foot 10 inches tall spouse to use. Overall good for a one night stay, but felt it was a one night stay motel and the rate was a little high for the age and style of the motel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us a review on your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the comfortable bed in your room. Sorry to hear that you feel you overpaid for your room. Our rates have been based on the new additon of a refridgerator and microwave in every room. We have also added a 32" inch flat screen in all of our rooms. If you decide to stay with us again then you can give me a call directly at the hotel and we might be able to work out a better deal on your stay. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had been driving long and hard, and we are generally easy to please. The guy at the desk offered us a room on the ground floor right by the door. He said "there are hot bisquits for breakfast". I was assuming those frozen packaged things you put in a microwave. How wrong. Walked into the dining area, and there were fresh bisquits, gravy, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, waffles, 2 types of sausage, pastries and more.

The room was fine. Most importantly, the bed were soft and the air conditioner worked well. For the few minutes I was awake, there seemed to be a lot of channels on the tv. Definitely a good bargain for the money.

The parking lot was a bit dark. From what I have been told, thieves love to rob cars that are close to highways, and this one fits the bill.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know how important it is to find a good place to stay when you are traveling. I hope that you have found that place anytime that you travl through Joplin. If you request a room closer to the lobby then it might provide a little more lighting and make you feel more comfortable. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Walked into a great receptionist at the front counter. I was looking for a room for the night and nothing was a problem, great price, great room.

Very happy to be here.

Very close to lots of options for dinner. Very close to other accommodation options as well.

Pool looks good but the air con is even better. Rooms are of good size and beds are very good for a great nights sleep. Wifi is also readily available from all rooms.

Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

Look for the hotel behind the waffle house from the highway.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank woofamily1

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoy being here with us. We love to hear that people enjoy our hotel and we also like when we get critiqued. All guest reviews let us know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The front desk staff is very helpful, especially Frankie and Cody, whenever I have an issue, which is not very often, I can count on them for resolution. The motel is located near restaurants and close to where I have been working. Thank you guys very much!

Room Tip: The king suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We are glad that you enjoy the wonderfual staff that we have here. I will let Frankie and Cody know that they are doing a great job and to keep up the great customer service. It is great that you enjoy our king suites, they are great rooms for business guest.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

i had to stay at best western one night and baymont the next night (which was fine they are in the same lot) due to some event in the area. apparently i walked in while they only had a few rooms left and let me tell ya, the staff will go above and beyond for you!!!! i didnt know how else to show my grattitude so i took them a pizza since they referred me to a wonderful pizza place in joplin. elaina, cody and frank were 3 people that i wish could follow me around since they were funny helpful and out going. the rom was well worth the cash spent. by the way, hotel rooms and hall ways have different people in them every night so of course the carpet will be dirty. it is your fault for letting CARPET ruin your stsy. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS ILL BE BACK

Room Tip: first floor, non smoking, facing the parking lot, and not near the room 101
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael F

I agree that we have a wonderful staff here and glad that they made you feel very welcomed here with us. I am sure that they enjoyed the pizza that you brought them. We look forward to you staying with us anytime that you come to Joplin.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Overall this hotel was decent. It is easy to locate and reasonably priced. I thought the room was a bit small but it was comfortable. This hotel was accommodating to our 2 large dogs and 3 cats. I didn't like that they didn't have any rooms with tile floors - all had carpet. The carpet looked like it needed to be deep cleaned or even replaced. My pets are fully potty trained but it made me think that previous occupants could have had potty accidents with their pets and they wouldn't be able to clean thoroughly due to the carpet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for the time you spent to fill out this review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your animals got to travel with you. We have had a few reviews about the carpets in our rooms and we have taken this issue seriously. We are running a schedule to make sure all of our rooms get a good carpet cleaning. I hope this will encourage you to continue to stay at our hotel if you are ever in the Joplin area.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Frankie checked us in and he was a very polite and helpful young man. The rest of the staff was very friendly as well. The motel room was very nice with newer furnishings. The carpet is in desperate need of a shampoo job because it is very dirty but I never walk on hotel/motel carpet in my bare feet or socks anyhow. The lobby was clean and the continental breakfast area was clean although there wasn't much room to sit and eat. There are plenty of places around to eat and it is very close to the highway. Overall I was pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the first floor you can hear the people walking about on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We are glad that you found our stagg to be very friendly because we strive to have great customer service. It would be great to have you stay with us again if you are ever back in the Joplin area and maybe we could get you on the second floor to avoid any noise.