“Outstanding Staff”

Best Western The Oasis at Joplin
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The front desk staff is very helpful, especially Frankie and Cody, whenever I have an issue, which is not very often, I can count on them for resolution. The motel is located near restaurants and close to where I have been working. Thank you guys very much!

Room Tip: The king suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

We are glad that you enjoy the wonderfual staff that we have here. I will let Frankie and Cody know that they are doing a great job and to keep up the great customer service. It is great that you enjoy our king suites, they are great rooms for business guest.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

i had to stay at best western one night and baymont the next night (which was fine they are in the same lot) due to some event in the area. apparently i walked in while they only had a few rooms left and let me tell ya, the staff will go above and beyond for you!!!! i didnt know how else to show my grattitude so i took them a pizza since they referred me to a wonderful pizza place in joplin. elaina, cody and frank were 3 people that i wish could follow me around since they were funny helpful and out going. the rom was well worth the cash spent. by the way, hotel rooms and hall ways have different people in them every night so of course the carpet will be dirty. it is your fault for letting CARPET ruin your stsy. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS ILL BE BACK

Room Tip: first floor, non smoking, facing the parking lot, and not near the room 101
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael F

I agree that we have a wonderful staff here and glad that they made you feel very welcomed here with us. I am sure that they enjoyed the pizza that you brought them. We look forward to you staying with us anytime that you come to Joplin.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Overall this hotel was decent. It is easy to locate and reasonably priced. I thought the room was a bit small but it was comfortable. This hotel was accommodating to our 2 large dogs and 3 cats. I didn't like that they didn't have any rooms with tile floors - all had carpet. The carpet looked like it needed to be deep cleaned or even replaced. My pets are fully potty trained but it made me think that previous occupants could have had potty accidents with their pets and they wouldn't be able to clean thoroughly due to the carpet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for the time you spent to fill out this review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your animals got to travel with you. We have had a few reviews about the carpets in our rooms and we have taken this issue seriously. We are running a schedule to make sure all of our rooms get a good carpet cleaning. I hope this will encourage you to continue to stay at our hotel if you are ever in the Joplin area.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Frankie checked us in and he was a very polite and helpful young man. The rest of the staff was very friendly as well. The motel room was very nice with newer furnishings. The carpet is in desperate need of a shampoo job because it is very dirty but I never walk on hotel/motel carpet in my bare feet or socks anyhow. The lobby was clean and the continental breakfast area was clean although there wasn't much room to sit and eat. There are plenty of places around to eat and it is very close to the highway. Overall I was pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the first floor you can hear the people walking about on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We are glad that you found our stagg to be very friendly because we strive to have great customer service. It would be great to have you stay with us again if you are ever back in the Joplin area and maybe we could get you on the second floor to avoid any noise.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My church group stayed at the Oasis Inn & Suites for 6 nights because we were working with Habitat for Humanity on home constructions. I was extremely impressed with the weekly rate that the hotel gave us. Frankie and Cody at the front desk were very helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We really enjoyed the fresh baked cookies every afternoon. (We missed the cookies one afternoon and Frankie made sure we had a fresh batch when we came in later in the evening!) The pool was clean, very refreshing, and conveniently open 24 hours. Our rooms were spacious and clean and had everything we needed. I hope in the near future the hotel can add a more spacious dining area--it was a little tight. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Frankie and Cody were awesome!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was great having you stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a great thing that your came and did for the community and we appreciat all the help you all did. If you are ever back in the Joplin area then you know where to find your hotel and we look forward to seeing you again if you do.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent one night at the hotel as we passed through Joplin on June 25, 2012. We made the reservation over the phone via the 800 number about 40 minutes before arriving. However, when we arrived, the entire block and part of the town was without power. The Best Western Staff said the electric company said a circuit was out and was on their way to fix it. Guests were checking out when we arrived because they didn't want to stay in their hot hotel rooms. I asked "Frankie" at check in if we went to dinner and explored other hotels if we could come back and cancel our reservation. He said yes, but that he'd make us a deal if we didn't shop around and were patient in order to keep our business. I walked back to the car and a minute later the power was back on...and Fankie still honored the $30 discount! It was so nice of him to do this even though we didn't experience any hardship. Frankie and Cody kept their cool and pleasant personalities as they waited for the computers and credit card machines to go back online as folks lined up to check in. It was also great that the pool is open 24 hours since we arrived late, had a late dinner and then took our daughters swimming at 11 p.m. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip through Joplin. Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Everything was great for our few days there. Beds we very comfortable, appeared to be newly remodeled with neat vanity etc... and nice to have a simple breakfast every day. Only complaint I had was you have to wear slippers or flip flops or your feet will be black from the carpet. It just seems hotels could take a few rooms at a time and clean carpets every few months. Over all I'd stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the front of the building and theres lots of traffice walking to the pool but the back mi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Cleaning the carpets is something we look into and have taken a look at the room you stayed in to remedy the situation in there. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.