“Horrible”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The entire hotel is in need of major refurbishing. Our room had numerous problems. Broken lamp, dirty toilet, terrible smell in frig and stained washcloth. We arrived late and left extra early, so did not take in any other areas of the hotel. I will not stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Rosegranny
Becky C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am so sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I can tell you that we are aware that we have improvements that need to be made. We are updating our rooms with new paint , and decor as well as doing work to improve our bathrooms. We hope that we can change your mind and that in the future you will give us another chance to show the changes that we are making.

Becky Crum

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We checked in after a long trip. Ist room they gave us it look as if housekeeping started and ran out of time. 2nd room, it looked as if someone was still living in the room. 3rd room was non-smoking but smelled like an ashtray. Too tired to argue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Becky C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We have just gone under new management , and we are working to improve these areas. I hope that you will give us another chance to try and meet your expectations in the future.
Sincerely- Becky

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed at this particular Baymont Inn & Suites several times. The rooms are always nice, we feel safe in the parking lot. Love the indoor swimming pool for the kids and the hot breakfast is really good. We will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We are so happy to hear that we have again met your expectations. Safety is important when traveling and we are happy to hear that you not only had a great time with us but that you always felt safe while doing so. We hope to see you again soon.

Becky Crum

Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Becky C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 18, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am not happy about the policy where you imprint a copy of my credit card, and show the entire card number on your NCR receipts. Having been a victim of identity theft, I know first hand how vulnerable a position this policy places your guests in. I travel through Joplin quiet regularly, if this policy is still in place, you have lost a customer. I was advised that you had several customers claiming they did not stay at your location, and that this is why the policy was implemented. It seems the thought process in this decision was lacking at best. Identity thieves have ID's which match the name on the credit card. I fail to see how this helps you in any way. I have reported this practice to my card company and placed my card on alert. An inconvenience created by your obvious lack of concern to protect your guests, and their private information.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with our credit card policy. I can tell you that all folios with credit card information are kept in a locked cabinet where only management has access to them, and that in the 11 years I have worked for the company we have never had a case of credit card theft or stolen identity. We make sure to have safe guards in place to protect our guests information at all times. I hope this helps, and that you will stay with us again in the future.

Sincerely- Becky Crum

Reviewed August 10, 2013

well we have stay at baymont hotel every time we go to joplin mo but this time 8/8/13 the price had change from about 69 dollar to 130.00 incruding tax i complaind then they said 101.00 incruding tax so i said ok but i may not go back i dont think they should up the price like that and no coffie in room and carpet at door way was ripped

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry B

I am so sorry that we were not able to give you the same rate as we have in the past. I can tell you that you caught us at the time of the year when a big celebration is held in Carthage that sells out every hotel in the area. There will always be certain times of the year that our rates do increase as to the amount of rooms we have available. I hope you will give us another chance in the future as it is our policy to try and always accomodate people in every way that we can.