“Mice room, but there were several problems. First, was...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed August 18, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Becky C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am not happy about the policy where you imprint a copy of my credit card, and show the entire card number on your NCR receipts. Having been a victim of identity theft, I know first hand how vulnerable a position this policy places your guests in. I travel through Joplin quiet regularly, if this policy is still in place, you have lost a customer. I was advised that you had several customers claiming they did not stay at your location, and that this is why the policy was implemented. It seems the thought process in this decision was lacking at best. Identity thieves have ID's which match the name on the credit card. I fail to see how this helps you in any way. I have reported this practice to my card company and placed my card on alert. An inconvenience created by your obvious lack of concern to protect your guests, and their private information.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with our credit card policy. I can tell you that all folios with credit card information are kept in a locked cabinet where only management has access to them, and that in the 11 years I have worked for the company we have never had a case of credit card theft or stolen identity. We make sure to have safe guards in place to protect our guests information at all times. I hope this helps, and that you will stay with us again in the future.

Sincerely- Becky Crum

Reviewed August 10, 2013

well we have stay at baymont hotel every time we go to joplin mo but this time 8/8/13 the price had change from about 69 dollar to 130.00 incruding tax i complaind then they said 101.00 incruding tax so i said ok but i may not go back i dont think they should up the price like that and no coffie in room and carpet at door way was ripped

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry B

I am so sorry that we were not able to give you the same rate as we have in the past. I can tell you that you caught us at the time of the year when a big celebration is held in Carthage that sells out every hotel in the area. There will always be certain times of the year that our rates do increase as to the amount of rooms we have available. I hope you will give us another chance in the future as it is our policy to try and always accomodate people in every way that we can.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our family stayed here for three nights. Soon after we arrived, we found out that one of the beds was broken. One of the legs was broken and collapsed. Since they were sold out of rooms and it was late, we just took the box springs out (the legs were attached to the box springs) and we noticed strips of duct tape holding the box springs together.

The lock for the outside gate to the outdoor pool was broken and so the door was being held open by the deadlock being engaged when the gate was open. This was a safety issue as children (and drunks) could get into the pool without supervision.

The air conditioner in the Exercise Room wasn't functioning and the temperature in the room (around 95-100 degrees) made it unusable.

On our second morning there, we were in the lobby eating breakfast and one of the employees knocked over a lamp and broke it. No big deal. The problem is that she yelled out "[--]!" with several employees standing around and laughing.

On our third night there, we went down to the indoor pool, which was a weird green color, and my son got in and got out immediately saying that the water was "disgusting". He's an eight year old boy who rarely finds anything disgusting. There was a sign the next morning saying that the pool was closed.

On the third night, at about 10:30 pm, there was a lot of yelling outside of our room and my wife looked out the peephole and saw a naked guy running down the hall. It was a baseball team that had no supervision on our floor.

I noticed when we arrived that there was a large dead bug at the bottom of the stairs. When we left three days later, the bug was still there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank svandals

I am so sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasurable . I can tell you that we have gone under new management since your stay with us. I am also pleased to tell you that we are updating our rooms, and that we have started to replace the bed frames as well.The locks on our pool doors Have been changed, and we have gotten our pools cleaned and running well. The pools have recently been inspected by the city of Joplin and passed with flying colors. Again I appologize that we did not meet your expectaions, I hope that you will give us another chance since our goal is to improve.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Becky C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Enjoyed our stay...very comfortable and liked being able to have breakfast and get back on the road early.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We are happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasurable one, and that you were able to get on the road well rested . Look us up in the future if you are ever back in town.