“Good value, clean rooms and nice staff”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend here. We had a king sized bed that was comfortable. Our 1st floor room near the lobby was spacious and clean, but lacked a view. We didn't care though, since we kept the curtains pulled anyway. The room had a small refrigerator for snacks and drinks, a coffee maker and we also used the convenient iron and ironing board. The shower head was really low, only 5 ft high. Not sure if all rooms are like that, or just ours. But, again, it wasn't really a problem. We could hear people passing in the hallway, but it wasn't really a nuisance. We didn't use the indoor pool, but we did appreciate the free breakfast served daily. It offered a nice selection. One morning, as we were leaving, the housekeeper caught up with us outside just to ask if we needed anything extra - we requested extra towels, which she did provide. Nice that she put forth the extra effort to make our stay comfortable!! I would definitely recommend the Joplin Baymont Inn!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We’re so glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us! Just so you know, our rooms still come with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, and iron and ironing board. We also still offer a complimentary full hot breakfast bar. We are also reaping the benefits of having a new General Manager. That being said, we would like to extend an invitation for you to come stay with us again—we’d love to have you!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Overall, a good place to stay and a little better than the average hotel in it's class. The room was comfortable and clean. Our room was facing the Interstate highway but we could not hear any noise from traffic. Continental breakfast was OK (average) but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

It’s good to hear that you had a pretty pleasant stay! We now have a new General Manager and along with her, our staff would like to invite you to come stay with us again next time you’re in the Joplin area.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Obviously had a significant upgrade since our last stay about a year ago. Our room was freshly decorated and updated. I don't know if all rooms have been re-done, but second floor main building was good. A year ago, rooms were obviously in need of a major overhaul, which they have now had. Breakfast is OK, nothing special. I recently learned that some motels do not have a food service license, so only allow purchased prepared food to be heated. Others have a food service license and prepare eggs, oatmeal, etc. on site. This was a strictly reheat facility, but with a self-service waffle iron as most motels have.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

It sounds like we had been making improvements two years ago when you stayed, and this fall we’re at it again! We recently came under new management and would like to extend an invitation for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

this was the cleanest hotel ive been in for awhile. i will tell all my friends to stay at baymont. keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

We’re glad to hear you had such a good experience with us! We would also like to let you know we are under new management, and so far this has shown to be a positive change.

Reviewed March 29, 2008

This Baymont is full of BUGS. We were in a "so-called" suite (just 2 rooms w/ a connecting door) and I found 5 dead bugs on the bathroom floor of one room, and 2 more in the other one. When I took these dead bugs to the front desk I received no apology - nothing - just a "oh, my goodness" - The next morning there were 2 more ! I am warning everyone - DO NOT STAY HERE !

Stayed: March 2008

We’re sorry to hear that you were so unsatisfied with your last stay. You ought to be pleased to know that we have come under new management this fall, and are already seeing improvement. In light of this, we would like to extend an invitation for you to give us another chance!

Reviewed March 9, 2008

After checking in, we were going to our rooms and noticed that the hallways were not vacuumed and the smell in the hallways and the elevator were not pleasant. The pictures on the internet were great. This was the 4th of July weekend and I knew we could not get another room at another hotel. When we arrived in our room, there were stains on 2 out of the 3 chairs, that were disgusting.

We did not notice until Thursday the 29th that evening there was not a security knob on the door, it was broken. We notified the front desk in the morning and they said they would fix it, which they never did during the duration of our stay. We asked for roll-away bed, which they did put in our room, but we informed them in the morning that we did not need it, they could have it removed. I consistently reminded them at least twice daily, until I had to put it out in the hallway, per housekeeping’s request.

In the morning my husband was ironing our clothes and the iron spit out black spots on our clothes. When we were leaving for the day we asked the front desk to replace our iron and they said they would. When we returned later in that afternoon it was not done. I had to go down to the front office myself to replace the iron. After replacing the bad iron, with the newly replaced iron it was the same, still leaving spots on our clothes.

On Friday evening when we returned to the hotel we did not have any bath towels, I called them in the morning to let them know we did not have any towels. Approximately an hour later housekeeping brought us some towels. Also on Friday morning when we went down for breakfast they informed us that there was not any orange juice because the machine was broken. On our way out that evening we informed them that the air conditioning in our room was not working properly, it was fixed by the time we returned, but the ice machine on our floor was not working.

On Saturday when we returned for the evening, we did not have any hand or face towels. In the morning I asked housekeeping for some towels, when they arrived on our floor.

Sunday the air conditioning went out again and I had to get towels again. When we returned Sunday evening, the comforter was turned down, and there was a hole in the blanket, which was not to appealing.

Monday morning I called down to the front desk to see if there was coffee. They informed me that breakfast was over but they have coffee 24 hours a day. Mind you again we did not have towels. I went down for coffee and of course there was not any made. Instead of them making a fresh pot they told me there was not any regular coffee made at the time, just decaffeinated coffee . I told the lady at the front desk we did not have any face or hand towels again, she went to get me some. When she returned she handed me a dirty face towel, I let her know it was dirty, she apologized and said she would send housekeeping to our room. My husband called front desk and as soon as she answered she said I already told housekeeping you needed some towels. We waited 2 hours or so, then I went out in the hallway and asked housekeeping for some towels and she said I need your dirty ones, I told her we never received any. She stated, “Oh yeah the front desk told me you needed some, and then she handed them to me. I called down to the front desk to let them know there was still no ice in the machine, she informed that nobody let her know, but I could go down to the 2nd floor.

We have stayed in several hotels and this hotel is by far the worst. I suggest that maybe you send out a representative to pose as a guest for a few days, just to experience what your paying guest experience.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MLLS
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

It sounds like you had quite the stay, indeed! We are terribly sorry that all of that happened and that you were left with such a bad impression of our hotel. You ought to be as pleased as anyone to hear that we are under new management. You can rest assured that our maintenance, housekeeping, and front desk staff are much better than what you experienced. We do hope you will be willing to give us another chance the next time you need to stay in the Joplin area.

Reviewed May 14, 2007

Our hotel room was just ok ,it was clean and well equiped. Could use some updating. My biggest disapointment was we were given an outside room ( I prefer interior corridors). From their pictures they appear to have inside rooms. E ven though they have an inside pool it was too chilly to run from my room to the pool inside! If I would stay in the area again I probably would try another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank rustydog1

We’re sorry they were not able to accommodate your preference for an interior access room. We do, however, want to make you aware that we have recently come under new management. We still offer both inside and outside access rooms, as well as a heated indoor pool, a hot tub, and an outdoor pool (only open seasonally). We would also like to extend an invitation to try staying with us again the next time you’re in the area. While all our rooms are still subject to availability, if you decide to stay with us again please be sure to let us know your preference for an inside access room, and we will do our best to meet that request.