“Extremely salty food”

Maria's Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #55 of 232 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The best mexican food.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Tried Maria's several times. We did enjoy the chip, salsa, and cheese dip. Service also was quick and polite. The deal breaker for us was that on two different occasions our food was extremely salty. So much so that we haven't been back since. We wanted to like this place because we had heard good things about it and even gave it a second chance.

There are newer reviews for Maria's Mexican Grill & Cantina

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was okay for a quick sit down Mexican meal. The food seemed to be pretty good. I know Joplin has not yet passed a no smoking ordinance like many other cities, so be prepared for a heavy smoke smell. I would give this 4 stars, but the smoke was so heavy in the place (they have a designated smoking area) that we smelled bad the remainder of the night.

1  Thank Kemper07
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The staff was very attentive and friendly and the food is very tasty Mexican fare. I recommend trying the white cheese dip with nachos for a starter. I also recommend trying the Trio Fajita. It's served with rice and refried beans. The hot "Trio" dish came to me sizzling man! It was really tasty. And it didn't take long to eat either. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I went to Marias on a Sunday specifically for fajitas. This is the food I will use to review the Mexican restaurants in Joplin. I had the mixed fajitas for two and had reviewed previous trip advisor reviews. I did not find the beef at all tough on todays visit. The fajitas were very good! As compaired to el Charro, they had much better taste. Service was great and the value...fajitas for two for under 15 bucks, very good!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been here twice, but most recently we came here to celebrate my birthday. All of the food was very good. My wife told our server it was my birthday and at the end he brought out sopapillas for free. Not only did they bring them out, but they also put a sombrero on my head, sang to me in Spanish and smashed whipped cream on my nose. It was fun, though it took a bit to get all of the whipped cream out of my nose.

1  Thank jandacut