“Fantastic Queso Dip!!!! The best ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #104 of 223 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Joplin, Missouri
“Fantastic Queso Dip!!!! The best ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

One of our favorite restaurants. Service is great and the food can't be beat. We can make meal just out of the Queso dip. None better.

Springfield, Missouri
“I am reviewing the Del Rio on N. Rangeline by MSSU - Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Met with 5 others here for my birthday dinner and had great chips and queso as well as a good entree. At the server's recommendation I had a spinach enchilada, chicken flauta and a cruncy ground beef taco combination with rice and beans. The queso dip prior to the meal was white cheese and very good. Chips were thin and light which I love. Spinach enchilada was made with fresh spinach and a little of the queso to 'glue' it together which was swell. Flauta had minced chicken and was a rolled flour tortilla which was different than I expected but good. Taco was fine, not super flavorful but you could add salsa to jazz it up a bit. Beans were kind of boring and the rice was tasty but had PEAS in it, which I dislike and picked out. :) Don't think that is the way rice is made in Mexico, but can't swear to that! Server was hard to find at times because there were busy, but she was nice when we found her. Would go back for sure.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Good Tex-Mex, if you want Mexican go elsewhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

All three of the Del Rio restaurants in the area have a fantastic atmosphere. They are festive and a big part of why I keep going back to eat there. Service is often hit or miss. Their cheese dip is out-of-this-world; it is the one thing you MUST order here. It is very creamy and has spinach in it. Their fajitas are very good, but they skimp on the meat, so I usually order vegetarian fajitas. I hate refried beans, so I sub spoon bread as my other side. You should definitely try the spoon bread; they bring a tiny spoonful on just about every entree plate, but not many people know that you can order a whole bowl of it for a side. Carb-a-licious. I also am quite fond of their spinach enchiladas, topped with queso. Get sopapillas for dessert. The location on west 32nd Street brings cream cheese out with them, which I LOVE. However, the other locations will give you a blank stare if you ask for some. If you like Tex-Mex food, go here. If you want something a little more authentic, visit Acambaro or Maria's.

• Visited May 2011
Missouri
“Average Mexican food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Food is average. Not our favorite Mexican place in town, but we do go here on occasion. We go for their queso dip and flautas. It is a very popular place in Joplin.

Joplin, Missouri
“Great Food, but don't go on Sunday afternoon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Del Rio is amazing--excellent food and the best queso I have ever tasted. The only problem I have ever had here (which is pretty significant) was on a Sunday after church. We came with a group of about 10--which is a large group, but we do this every Sunday and have never seen service like this. We waited for tables for 2 hours then once we were seated, our service was terrible--we waited another 15 minutes for the wait staff to come to take our order and 45 minuted for our food.

The atmosphere is great and the food is really tasty. I would suggest this for a date or small family, but definitely not a large group. While you're there, check out the Mexican Beatles on the wall--definitely funny!

• Visited April 2011