“Great Food and wonderful wait staff”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 237 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were in Joplin to help with the tornado aftermath. This may just be the best burgers and fries we have ever eaten. We were there on a Saturday around 4:00. The fries are made right there and were fabulous. The portions are big...very big but that's ok with 2 grown sons who had no problem finishing theirs and ours. They were not overly busy and so we had a chance to talk to our waitress about the tornado. Wow, this is one resilent town with a great spirit. It was truly a great experience!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Each trip to Cheddar's is hit or miss. Croissants are not supplied with salads more often than I'd like to admit. Service is average. Prices, however, are fantastic.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

There is almost always a wait at Cheddars and the reason is clear--great food, good atmosphere, excellent value, and excellent service. The wait staff is incredibly accommodating, especially for large groups or special occasions. The atmosphere just feels like an extension of your home (one where you don't have to do dishes!) I love to get the crispy chicken salad and I always have leftovers for dinner! The "pick two" option is also excellent! We will be back again and again!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stopped at this Cheddars around 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday as we were driving through Joplin. Having eaten at another location in the past on a road trip, my husband and I were looking forward to enjoying a late lunch at this location with our kids. We were surprised to find a crowded waiting area at that time of day but stayed when we were told a table would be available in about 10 minutes. Their time estimate was fairly accurate. Unfortunately our food service was not as speedy. We were there for nearly 2 hours! Our waitress made herself scarce while we were waiting and left us waiting for quite awhile before coming to initially take our order. There seemed to be a lot of waitstaff around, so it appeared this level of busyness was typical at this location at this time. Our food was decent, but the service was slow.

In the ladies room, there were two paper towel dispensers and one hand dryer. One of the towel dispensers was jammed or empty the entire time we were there. When we were preparing to leave, I went to wash my hands and had to wait (in a line) to dry them as two employees were doing their make-up and completely blocking the one functional dispenser and the hand dryer. As they stood there chatting and blocking the drying options, they were commenting on how they had just remembered that there was an employee restroom that they should be using. Unbelievable!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My most recent visit to Cheddar's in Joplin was a disappointment. The service was poor and the food quality was mediocre. Our waitress almost spilled our drinks on us, the server who brought us our appetizer dumped it on the table and took off without returning, and it was very difficult to get another server to assist us while waiting on our waitress to reappear. My sandwich was greasy and came with green peppers after I had requested no peppers due to an allergy. My husband's chicken fried steak was less than desirable. We can overlook a bad meal now and again, but not poor, surly service.

1  Thank WooPigSooie