“Awesome hotel downtown”

Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great rooms, nice lobby, warm and friendly desk staff, very large and airy atrium by lobby, lovely breakfast, good service. Absolutely silent at night. Hotel is definitely set up to handle large groups. i was one of 44.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jan35614

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed two days at Capitol Plaza Hotel with family members for my nephew's college graduation in Columbia, MO. I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff were very helpful and courteous. Food in the banquet room where we held a family gathering after the graduation was very good and our servers were very professional. My room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Helen B
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am SO impressed with the customer service of this hotel. I was attending a conference a couple of weeks ago. I left behind a shoulder bag that contained personal information. My phone number was not on any of the paperwork but my address was. That did not stop one the staff members (I think her name was Jennifer) from driving to my house, I live in the surrounding area, and return it to me. She stated,"I didn't want it to just sit around my closet."
This young lady provided the best customer service. She didn't need to drive the bag to my house, but she did it with a smile!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Gabby S
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in April 2013 for a convention which fully booked the hotel. Check in was fine and our room was the room we expected. The hotel itself is aging. I've seen comments about recent remodeling, and while drapes and comforters seemed to have ben updated, the hotel needs basic TLC. The walls around the outside of the glass elevators were disgustingly dirty, the garage area smelled enough to turn my stomach - actually parked outside the second day. Their smoking area is right outside the front door of the building so you have to walk through smoke to get to you vehicle. My husband had morning meetings on day 2 but I didn't so when housekeeping arrived I told them we'd be leaving in 15 minutes and asked them to come back. They never came back, so when we arrived back at the room to prepare for dinner the room had not been cleaned. When I called to the desk to at least get towels I got a curt "Do you want it cleaned now?" No, just some clean towels - those were delivered quickly, but no apology, not even a grunt from the person who delivered them. On to the food. Attempted to have lunch at the restaurant. The convention was catered so the restaurant was quiet. 15 minutes after being seated I still had no drink and my order had not been taken! When I did get my order, my $6 "entrée salad" was the size of a cereal bowl. Dinner was also catered and I joined my husband for that. There were 5 couple to a table, salads were on the tables when we arrived, so they were already room temperature. We had one serving dish of dressing which was gone by the 4th person. No servers were visible so my husband had to go hunt one down. In their defense, they were way understaffed for the size of this convention. That said, the server we had was not hiding the fact that she was overworked. The food was good and midway through the meal we got a new server who was even able to keep our drinks refilled, so it ended up working out. On the morning of checkout the bill was correct, so it's always good when things end on a positive note.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank disneygoof1966
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Beautiful atrium! The staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was clean and comfy. I was with a group of about 40 and we were served a private dinner. The food was great and again the serving staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Tami L
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I were met at the Capitol Plaza Hotel by friendly staff which got us checked in and to our room very quickly. Our room was clean, lots of space, and very well decorated!
Our bed was comfy and we enjoyed our stay. We will return again and that is the best I can say about a Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Capitol Plaza Hotel is a good place to stay, and a good location for a conference. Recently, I attended the Missourians to End Poverty, Poverty Summit which was held at the Capitol Plaza and found the hotel to be most adequate. The rooms were very clean and the furniture was modern and comfortable. I had stayed at the Capitol Plaza a couple of years ago, and the stay was fine, but this time around it was better. I think the staff has taken some strides in creating a better establishment. Not to mention, the elevators are glass and a person is able to watch others as the ride goes up or down to your floor. The Capitol Plaza is very conveniently located in Jefferson City, if you are familiar with the area, and easy to access from all major directions. The hotel staff was very accommodating and seemed interested in the well being of everyone who was in the hotel. I would recommend this establishment for anyone staying in the Jefferson City area for any reason. Also, it is located only a short distance from the Missouri Capitol Building and several restaurants and bars in the downtown area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business