“Worst Customer Servicee”

Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Although my one night in this hotel wasn't that bad because of the customer service after my stay, I will never stay here again. The room was decent enough, it was a place to stay close to the capitol for my visit the next day. But I accidentally left a couple clothes in the room and called the hotel the evening I got back home. Their message said they would return my call within 24 hours; that was a Tuesday. On Friday I was finally able to call during "regular business hours" and asked why no one had returned my call. The man told me they never received it but somehow they knew what room I had been in and the clothing items without me telling him. Nevertheless, I gave him my address and he said it would be mailed out that day. I shouldn't have gotten so excited because after an entire week of waiting for my package, I called the following Monday (almost 2 weeks from my original call). The guy I spoke to this time told me he would check to see why I hadn't received my packaged yet, acknowledged that it shouldn't take over a week, and someone would call me right back with a tracking number. So I waited and waited...I'm still waiting for someone to call me back! Lucky for me I finally received my package that Thursday but it said it hadn't been mailed out until that Monday. Therefore, they lied to me multiple times and had I not persisted, I probably would have never received my clothes. I understand I'm the one who left my personal items but if I'm paying for a service, I shouldn't need to wait 3 weeks and worst of all, no follow-up about the progress.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mbreid4
CMac54, General Manager at Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you expereienced as a guest of our hotel. The amount of time it took for us to return the items you left was entirely too long, I agree. More disturbing is the apparent lack of response from a member of our staff.
I assure you I will discuss this issue with the parties involved to ensure that a prompt, forthright and courteous response is always offered to our guests.
I'm glad we did finally retrieve and return the items, but again apologize for the process. This is certainly not the level of guest service we strive to attain at this hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I travel a lot and I never write reviews, but this time I had to. The hotel manager John Jones was quite possibly the rudest hospitality worker I have ever ran across. He was vert negative and confrontational every time we interacted. I was there for a BAsketball tournament with my entire family and this guy was running the place like a prison. The front desk staff was inconsiderate and non caring. The entire experience felt like a "who cares how your stay is with us". I would recommend at all cost to stay anywhere else other than this dump. The rooms were marginal and there was an odd odor in the entire hotel. This is a shame since this tournament brings in quite a bit of revenue for this Hotel. The entire group will be staying some place else next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mookie1969

Thank you for your comments relative to the problems you incurred as a recent guest of our hotel. I know that this was a busy weekend with many different groups staying for different reasons. While we never wish to be restrictive or "police" our guests, we do need to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment for all. That said, we never wish to be perceived as rude or inhospitable.

I sincerely apologize that Mr. Jones came across in that manner. We strive to provide excellent guest service to all of our guests. We appreciate and look forward to the basketball tournament each year and enjoy hosting the families. I am sorry that you do not wish to return, and hope that you will reconsider. In any event we will use your comments and experience to provide additional guest service training for our management team.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked this hotel for 1 night, did a mini road trip with a friend who had never been to Jefferson City, boy I was so embarressed to even stay there, front desk staff were rude and VERY unfriendly! They did not converse with us at all or offer any information about the area.
Our room was old and smelly, carpet was buckled and the bathroom was awful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LebanonMOLynn

I am truly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I was very dismayed to read your concerns, but a little less so when I realized that your stay was last September. Since that time, we have made some very positive changes here at the Capitol Plaza Hotel.
All of our 255 guest rooms have been renovated. New carpet, drapes, softgoods and artwork have transformed our rooms into a clean and contemporary look.
I hope that your characterization of our Front Desk staff is not a reflection of the current team we have there. Our new Front Office Manager has been working hard to recruit, train and motivate a team of caring hospitality professionals.
Again, I do apologize that your stay in the hotel was not satisfactory, however I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide exemplory service to you at some future date.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel was safe. Their was ample parking. The room was rustic and weathered. The hotel bar was dirty. The location was great. If you can't get a room at the DoubleTree and you need to be downtown doing business at the State Capitol, the location is convenient (and there are very limited options in Jefferson City).

2  Thank PositiveEnerG
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was here for a business conference in late Jan., and was rather dreading it. I had worked in Jeff City years before, and would occasionally attend events here. I recall it as dark and rather dingy.

No more! It's brightened up quite a bit; the indoor waterfall is a nice touch. My room was clean and quite comfortable. Even the food -- we had a catered breakfast, lunch and dinner -- was very good, which was unexpected because hotel food is, let's face it, often abysmal. There wasn't even a problem with wi-fi.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Capitol. God knows there's little else to see in Jeff City.
4  Thank neal f
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for DOC job training, and was very skeptical after reading numerous bad reviews. I was pleasantly surprised once I checked in. The rooms are nice and updated. Free wifi and very nice pool and exercise facilities are included. There is a restaurant inside the hotel which serves good food. A nice place to stay while in Jefferson City!

3  Thank bulldogmom1979
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here on a Monday night in January. Wow this hotel is dated. I see from other's reviewers comments and the managers reply that they are almost complete with the renovation. I hope that is not the case. My bathroom looked like it was from the 60s or 70s and you could especially tell that the grout was dirty. Also the front desk staffed seemed to be "inconvenienced" to check me in and I never received a greeting from the rest of the staff. The restaurant waiters were non-attentive and it took over 30 minutes to get our food at lunch in an empty restaurant, but there was one female staff memeber at the bar who was quite helpful with getting drinks (thank you!). I would like to hear from management on what the renovation will entail and when it will be complete before I decide if I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
2  Thank twb311