“They saved us cookies!!!”

Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Atlanta
“They saved us cookies!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We're currently staying at the Hampton Inn in Jefferson City. The staff is great! "Big Mike" as we have affectionately named him in our family, saved us cookies last night and that meant a lot to us since our kids were upset that we had a function to attend and they knew they would miss the great cookies the Hampton Inn team set-out every evening for the guests. Thanks Mike. We have also been able to calm the kids every day with a nice swim in the clean, large, indoor pool the hotel has. If I could change anything, it would be the way the housekeeper makes up the rooms. While they were clean, it was hard to tell if she/he had been there or not - - the only way I knew was if there were clean towels in the bathroom. Other than that, the bed was left as we had made it (something we do at home, but I thought the person cleaning the room may be a little better at it) and the surfaces were not wiped-off in the rooms. Also, the toilet had not been wiped down (we have 4 and 7 year olds who often "miss") so that was a little disappointing, but overall our stay has been great.

Room Tip: You can have a guest not staying at the hotel join you for breakfast for a nominal fee (like $8 or...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Our stafff works tirelessly to ensure that everyone of our guest have a great stay. we continually strive to exceed our guest expectations. I sincerely apologize your housekeeper failed to properly attend to your room. I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust and be our guest again soon. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am surprised by how poor this Hampton Inn was constructed because the floor moved under my feet near the bathroom and I heard every footstep outside the hall and above me. I am a Hampton regular and this location is one of the loudest, probably from low construction standards. I think they may have met the minimum local building codes and ignored the quality construction codes of other Hampton location cities.

Room Tip: Only accept the top floor, it will be less noisy than a lower floor.
2 Thank SoyShell
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Awesome hotel and staff; have stayed here multiple times in the past, but it had been a couple of years; minor changes in the hotel, but the same great staff I've come to expect (majority of the same people still here as well). Hats off to Charles Tattershall the GM and the hotel staff for making our stay exceptional!

1 Thank James W
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from those who have had a great stay! Your feedback and inpute are very important to us, in our ongoing effort to make every guest stay a tremendous one. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Be aware that unlike other Hampton Inns, this one does not have a hot tub in the pool area. When checking in and asking about the pool/hot tub hours, i was told "we don't have hot tub." Sure enough, there's a wooden "deck" over it where it used to be. That completely surprised me because I had checked their online hotel site when making the reservation and the photos of the pool area show a hot tub in the background. In fact, I just checked their site before posting this, and their photos still show a hot tub. They need to change their photo so as not to deceive other travelers counting on relaxing at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room. Those rooms may look out over the parking lot, but they are quieter...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthCountyTraveler
Thank you for your feedback and for completing the review. We value the input from all of our guest and apologize we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. The staff works continuously to serve our guest in a courteous and professional manner, while striving to exceed their expectations. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Crystal Lake
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This property uses AT&T for internet service. MY mobile device and my computer speed were unacceptable. I gave up and used the Verizon network with my phone and used my phone as a hot spot for my computer. If you're going to need the internet during your stay, this is not the place for you. Everything else was very good, though.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I value the input and feedback of all of our guest, and their responses are constantly allowing us to review our level of guest services. I appreciate the candor in which you explained your issue and apologize the complimentary internet was not fast enough for you during your stay. With the exception of that one issue, it appears your stay was exceptional, and we will continue to strive to exceed every guest expectation. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel lacked a room fridge, but all other accommodations were satisfactory. A very nice hotel in appearance with a good price tag. All staff nice and considerate for the most part. Fitness room a little small, but nice. Pool small, but nice. Business corner not in a confined room, but by the Lobby. Hotel seems to be updating its furnishings.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us.. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay. The overall satisfaction and happiness of our guests is our top priority. Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!
Salem, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually have a great experience with the Hampton inn chain.. but when i needed comfort most i ended up very dissatisfied! from the moment we walked in the door! The blonde short haired lady was VERY rude the staff was lazy and very disorganized! The evening shift staff was excellent but doesn't make up for the bitter that lady put in my mouth! To add the room smelled of musk, bath tub was not cleaned well there was hair in it! Yuck!! the Tv only worked on a few channels and none of the stations they have listed such as HBO are available.I wanted hot water from the front for my tea and it was just barley warm i asked this lady to heat it up and she just got another cup and gave me the same barely warm water out of the machine then said to use my microwave ( i had no intention of going all the way back to the third floor that is why i asked her ) I had an oral surgery and needed to rest but with all of this i was ready to check out with a refund! but, you can't get refunds from the Hampton inn says miss rude clerk I at the front desk. my stay was on 10/21.
I believe Hampton Inn is a great Chain just this hotel is far from the Hampton Inn quality i am use to!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica G
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We always try to do everything that we can to ensure a positive stay, and I apologize that your expectations were not met. The overall satisfaction and happiness of our guests is our top priority. Thank you again for your review, as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Best regards,