“My compliments to the Chef and staff”

Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our group of young people had all meals (lunch & dinner and breakfast) catered in from the nearby hotel. I was impressed that knowing how difficult it is to please the taste of this age group, all of them enjoyed the meals with many of them personally sending their compliments to the chef. Great Job!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
vpuri, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. Although we wish we could take the credit for the meal, we have to acknowledged that the Food was catered from Sapphires Restaurant and lounge located within the Doubletree By Hilton Jefferson City. We will be sure to pass on the comments. Thanks again for making it Hampton!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay, people here go out of their way to make sure that you are happy with your room and with their service. It is not too far away for any type of eatting place and is very easy to get in and out of.

Room Tip: any roon in this place is good as the staff makes sure you are happy
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. We are pleased to learn that we make your stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for making it Hampton! See You Soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I would agree that this hotel is always comfortable and the staff are great. Breakfast is typical for Hampton Inn but warm and filling. Close to the highway, shopping and restaurants but it is not downtown. They do have a pool but I've never seen anyone use it. I stay here monthly on business and have been very satisfied with all aspects of this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are a bit more quiet as the hotel faces the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We definitely appreciate the feedback. Thank you for making it Hampton everytime when in Jefferson City. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to maintaing it. See you soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night before a meeting we had in the Capital Mall area. We stayed here because we like most all of the Hampton Inns we've ever stayed at and especially like the complimentary breakfast they offer. This particular facility was just about what we expected. It was right off the highway and within easy access to the Capital Mall area of Jefferson City. The room was nice and it was easy to adjust the room temperature. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom seemed clean and efficiently designed. I especially liked the shower head. All in all this hotel offered all that we expected and no surprises. What more can you ask?

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room as they face the back of the hotel away from the highway noise, althou...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Nov. 24th & 25th while attending a funeral. It was very clean, food good, and very convenient to get around the city, and where we needed to go to leave. The front desk was very helpful. The business desk was convenient also. This hotel had a nice variety for breakfast and we appreciated the 10:00 AM closing for breakfast. It helped us not have to rush to get down.
This hotel was close to shopping and on the highway to go straight to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here because I was in need of a place to stay near my GRE testing site and I prefer Hilton Brand Hotels; so I picked this Hampton Inn. The hotel itself is located on the outskirts of Jefferson City, so if you're looking for place to stay that's in the downtown area; this isn't the hotel for you. The hotel is located one exit away from the Jefferson City mall and that is where the closest eateries are. The hotel is easily identified from the state highway if you're coming from the southwest.

The hotel as a whole is older, but the hotel has already identified a date when renovations are scheduled to begin. They are slated to begin in early November with improvements coming to the breakfast area and entrance. I personally thought the breakfast area and lobby isn't what is in need for updating (minus the entry doors). Nevertheless, updates are coming. The pool is very nice looking, although I didn't have the time to use it.

I was placed on a 4th floor room because my HHonors profile has me asking for rooms on a higher floor. In the case of this hotel, I think some discernment is needed. TAKE NOTE: the top floor of this hotel is part smoking and part non-smoking. Thus, you can smell the rancid stench of stale cigarettes in the hallways. This bugged me and in the one case that I've experienced this in the past, I've asked to move. Because I was only staying here for one night and it wasn't too putrid in my room, I elected not to mention it. I will say though that in this age (unless unknowingly mandated by the state of MIssouri) you'd think that hotels like the Hampton Inn would not offer smoking rooms. I would say that the staff should try and avoid putting guests that don't smoke on the top floor if they have rooms available that are on completely non-smoking floors and offer the same room reserved. Ultimately, this is why I didn't give the hotel 5 stars. The room was mostly clean and I slept very well in the bed.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical Hampton Inn fare. The breakfast hostess was very nice and offered me help because I couldn't get the waffle maker to not stick. The oatmeal at this Hampton Inn looked unappealing and it seems like they changed the toppings for the oatmeal to single serving packets. The Orange Juice was nice and cold and there was plenty of food available.

The price was right; I got a AAA discounted rate of $79.00 with minimal tax. Oh, I almost forgot; the staff at the hotel is awesome. Overall, I would confidently recommend the hotel if you're in the area. If you're going downtown, you may want to find somewhere closer. This hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the city and although not inconvenient, it definitely has a "outside of the city" feel.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor rooms if you don't like cigarette smoke!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I arrived on Wednesday the 17th of October. Prior to my arrival the person that answered the phone did not impress me--I had made the person aware that I was expecting a package and was told it would be in the communication log and it SHOULD be seen. I explained that the whole purpose of my trip was that package. Instead of going any further; I called back 2 days later and spoke to the Front Office Manager who assured me this would not be a problem. Upon my check in the clerk was aware and gave me my package. (The Good).
I checked took the elevator up to my room and was overwhelmed with the smell of cleaning products (The bad). My room was clean and the bed as well as the pillows were comfortable. (The Good).
I asked for a wake up call at 4am this morning the 19th and thankfully had set my cell phone to go off 30 minutes after the wake up call. This was the best insight I could have had. I did not receive my wake up call and was going to call the front desk to complain, but the phone had no dial tone. Guess that was why I did not get my wake up call (the BAD). I was going to complain at the front desk about this upon check out, 5am, but when I got to the desk there was no one there, but a sign was there stating "Sorry for the inconvenience, be back shortly". I had to rush out the door to make my airplane--hence the reason for my wake up call. I did not have a minute to spare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We continually strive to not only meet but exceed the expectations of every guest. Outstanding guest service is all we have to offer our guest. Unfortunately a fauty phone plug did not allow the set wake up call to ring the room, for which I sincerely apologize. The problem was found and corrected prior the posting of this review. We value and appreciate the imput and feedback of all our guest, in our ongoing effort to fully please every guest. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager