“Old Hotel, Great Service”

Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel anywhere from 3-15 nights per month. While it's not the nicest place I've stayed, it's comfortable and I'm well-taken-care-of. I have had some problems with cleanliness and consistency with the way the rooms are maintained, but the management is VERY good at addressing issues and service recovery. I don't personally love the free breakfast options, but they do offer quite a few options and most everyone can find someone that will appeal to them. The fitness room is sufficient, but the equipment is dated and needs to be replaced. I've not actually been into the pool area, but it looks to be very well-maintained and clean. There is no hot tub at this property. My biggest complaint here is that the rooms are extremely dark without turning on all the lights, and the internet connection doesn't allow for streaming.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback concerning your weekly stays with us over the past 6 months. Per our many oral conversations we have ahd and you have had with my staff, we take every guest perception and concern very seriously. As you stated, when you are not satisfied we have immediately provided a service recovery, and offer others you have refused. Every member of my staff works tirelessly to make every guest stay a tremendous experience. Feel free at any time to speak with me again at any time, as I value the opinion of every guest. CT

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the hotel was. The staff was very nice and their breakfast in the morning was delicous.

The young lady in charge of the breakfast was very sweet and smiling.

All in all it was a very nice stay

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I spent the nights of July 6 and 7 at the Hampton Inn, Jefferson City, Missouri and were very pleased. I had made several requests before our arrival and they went out of their way to make sure we had everything that we needed.

The hotel is very clean and very quiet. I really liked the decor. They use bright colors in the hallways and the guest rooms. Our room was very large with modern styled furniture and lamps. The colors were in the mauve family which was very bright and cheerful. It was just very pleasant to be in this room.

The breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast which is very good. My only complaint is about their coffee. It was very weak. Normally the robust roast at Hamptons is quite good but this one was bad both mornings.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

When we arrived the front desk agent was very friendly. I advised her that we couldn't have a smoking room (surprised they still have smoking rooms, it's 2012) and she said she would check with ther MOD to see if we could be put into a non-smoking room. The MOD came out to discuss the situation with the front desk agent (in front of us) and had a complete attitude about whether it was ok to put us in another room. Her words exactly "well, if we have the non-smoking available, I guess put them in it... if not, then too bad, we just don't have it"... not the type of response you would imagine coming from the Manager. I feel like the check-in experience put a bad taste in our mouths and I think this hotel should considered all non-smoking rooms due to the fact that most places are conforming to healthy lifestyles.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SrnTraveler44
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Clean, expected room to be a little nicer. Average property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Moderately priced, not fancy but clean, variety in the free breakfast and there are some selections changed daily, very friendly helpful staff. Exercise facilities, but limited.
Have stayed there twice for business, and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stay at Hampton Inns a lot, since to us they are a known commodity. This location was no exception. The staff were personable, friendly, and willing to help. The room was clean and in good condition. The free breakfast had lots of choices, including hot food, and the dining staff were very friendly. We were very satisfied with our two night stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple