“great place”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Hawthorne, New Jersey
“great place”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The place was excellent as always -- well priced with very responsive staff. Conveniently located once you learn the trick of finding it! This says I must do 200 characters but I have nothing more to add

Room Tip: Be careful if booking online -- i thought i was reserving in Jefferson City, MO and was actually boo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed the night due to bad weather. The room was clean, but there is alot of noice. Slamming doors, the elevator is slow and loud, very loud, we could hear the TV from the next door room. Our shower curtain didn't fit very well and the floor was wet after showering. The heat worked well. The breakfast was nice. Biscuts and gravy, pancakes, muffins, oat meal and fruit. If your looking for sleep, may not be the best place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was a parent visiting a competition for a school. The school had been at this hotel so that is where I ended up. For the price, it was a good choice for a bunch of teenagers. However, if you were not booking a block of rooms and using budget as the primary criteria, this probably isn't the place you would pick. I made a wrong turn just before the hotel. I knew instantly I was not in a good area. Then, that thought was immediately confirmed by screaming police sirens going by me. When I got to the hotel, it was ok. Just ok. I saw a large tear in the carpet and it was somewhat dated. When we got to the room, it was again - ok. The bed was very small. Not a bed for two people if you aren't really, really close. The walls were thin. I could hear the neighbor's tv and talking as if we were sharing a suite. The breakfast was not very good. A man asked for eggs and/or waffles. The lady told them they don't do those. It was mostly your basic hotel pastry selection with some mini yogurts and whole apples or oranges. Not a great selection, but it was food. So, depending on your purposes, this hotel is good or bad. It is decent enough for a large group if budget is a main priority. The next night, I switched to the Hampton Inn and had a wonderful experience. It cost more, but I felt very safe and it was clean with heavenly beds and a great breakfast. If I had to choose again, I would definitely pay the extra to have a better experience. But, if you are a coach, this might be the budget option you want.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Attorney_and_Mom
David W, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Good morning,
My name is David Wallace and I am the General Manager here at the Baymont. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let me know about your experiences at my hotel. I am sorry that your stay was not as expected.
First, I'd like to assure you that our location is a very safe area. I've been here for almost 3 years and there have been no real problems experienced in our area that I'm aware of. Highway 50 and Broadway Streets that border the property are busy thoroughfares for a lot of traffic and emergency vehicle traffic trying to get from point A to point B.
I would like to ask for your help. I walk the property every day and I've yet to see any large tears in our carpet. Can you let me know the location so I can make sure it's taken care of not only for appearance sake but for safety reasons.
As far as the breakfast goes, I'm baffled about the waffle response due to the Belgin Waffle maker sitting on the buffet in the dining room. We are currently working towards serving a hot breakfast to all hotel guests and are just waiting on the equipment to arrive so we can implement this new addition. On January 17 we did start serving Biscuits and Jimmy Dean sausage gravy on our buffet until the other items are ready to go.
Again I wanted to thank you for your input. It's only by hearing from our guests that I can get an independent view of how we are doing both positive and negative. If you have any other questions or input I can be reached at 573/636-5231.
Sincerely, David R. Wallace
Sainte Genevieve
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were unaware that there was a wrestling tournament going on in the area. There were young boys running around like crazy in the lobby on the computer, up and down the elevators. The elevator doors closed louder than any I've ever heard.Sleepless nigh

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business