“Enjoyed our meal....”
Review of Madison's Cafe

Madison's Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Madison's Café, a ‘Jefferson City Tradition’ since 1982, offers casual, relaxed, yet elegant dining, with a focus on northern Italian, American and eclectic cuisine: mouthwatering appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, pasta, hand-cut steaks, seafood, and a variety of signature dishes. Our menu changes often, reflecting use of locally sourced products: from tomatoes and vegetables, to herbs from our own herb garden. Our gluten-free fare, whole wheat pasta, and a wide variety of vegetarian fare pleases the most sensitive palate. Our environment is unique and inviting—a gathering place for family and friends, or perfect for that romantic evening out. We have two excellently appointed private dining rooms for any special event or business meeting. Off-site catering services are available from small intimate gatherings to over 300. Carry out is always available. Al fresco dining on our large patio is wonderful when weather permits! Come to Madison's where you restore your spirit and share the simple pleasures with family and friends…one delicious bite at a time Located in beautiful downtown, two and a half blocks from the Capitol; a half-block from the Governor's Mansion; five blocks from the historic Missouri State Penitentiary; three blocks from the Amtrak Station; about a 1/2 mile from the bridge bike/walk crossing to the Katy Trail, and directly across the street from the Madison Street parking garage.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It is interesting reading the other reviews. I have eaten here few times, mostly lunch time. I've always appreciated the variety of food and the prices. Also on nice days, you can sit outside, like we did that night, because it was so beautiful outside. We ended up taking some clients to dinner here, based on my recommendation. We also had very good service as well, so it may be hit and miss depending on the server. I asked our server how long he has worked at Madison's, he indicated a year. I would have thought it was longer, because he was very knowledgeable about the menu & made some great recommendations. I had the wild mushroom & veal ravoli which I enjoyed a lot and the portions were just right. I see that some of my other table mates had huge portions. They do offer smaller portions with smaller prices, so if you have a small appetite, you might want to take advantage of that. The majority of menu are pasta related but they do have salad, sandwich, burger options as well.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We came upon this cafe while walking around Jefferson City. A relaxing place to have a drink alfresco!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a business dinner with some associates. Been told this is the place to go in town for a great meal. Not so much. The food was very average. The calamari was way over breaded and over cooked. The brushetta had a huge amount of melted cheese on it. It was not good and was very heavy on your stomach. The salad was ok, my steak needed flavor and the side pasta was more like macaroni and cheese then a pasta dish. Service was pleasant and acceptable and sitting outside was nice. Prices were a tad high but not outrageous. Overall a very average experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Wife and I have enjoyed Madison's Cafe many times. I love thier salads and seasonal apps. The tortelinni is something to talk about and by far my Fav on the menu. I enjoy the staff very much always friendly and ready to help out when you need something.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in town. I'd recommend the Baked Mostaccoli to anyone, any day! I'd encourage you to sign up for their eNewsletter list as they have great coupons they send out. The dressing for the Combination salad is the best, and you can buy it to go!

We like to take our children here and they love the food. Consider your family, though, and the ages of your kiddos. The lights are lower and it's not your super casual dining environment.