“Handy location, enjoyable stay...”

Best Western Plus Capital Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is a handy location for roadtrippers; close to the motorway and convenience shops. We enjoyed comfortable rooms and ultra friendly staff. Great jacuzzi for runner's legs. The inclusive breakfast was scrumptious.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Capital Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went to Jefferson City, MO on business and stayed here one night. We were pleasantly surprised by the clean, comfortable and attractive room and lobby. Comfortable bed, quiet atmosphere. It was every bit as nice as the Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses that we usually use. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband, my teenage daughter, and I visit Mid-Missouri every March to visit family in the area. The Jefferson City Best Western Plus makes a convenient stop midway between family stops. We also used to live in Jefferson City for several years, prior to moving to the Nashville TN area, so it's kind of like going back home.

Room Tip: My family always prefers the top floor, so that other guests aren't walking over the top of you...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on business trips in the past and is a good place to stay. Staff friendly and each time I have stayed Mary is the host in the evening and Dan is the morning receptionist.
Beds and room are comfortable but.....I do not like the very small and very uncomfortable pillows. I think instead of having 4-5 pillows on the bed you should only use two very nice pillows.
Breakast was excellent and I really enjoyed the eggs and hash browns with gravy.
I will be staying there again on other business trips to Jefferson City.

Phone to the hotel: 573-635-4175

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have stayed at several of the hotels in Jefferson City and this hands down in the best. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Wow, this isn't your father's Best Western!

Newly rebuilt hotel. Stayed in a room with two queen beds. I was mighty impressed by how spacious the room was - there is even a sense of a foyer when you walk in. Large bathroom, nicely appointed. There is a generous sitting area with a love seat, large upholstered chair, coffee table, and refreshment center, consisting of microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and the ice bucket.

Large TV with a sanitize-able remote control.

Free wifi.

Comfortable bed with pleasing linens.

Indoor, heated pool. Pleasant breakfast room that has not only salt/pepper shakers on table, but syrup bottles.

Friendly staff.

This was a great place to stay at a reasonable cost.

The fly in the ointment: On paper, the BW offers a substantial breakfast: waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, cereal, oatmeal ... even hash browns! Good coffee. Here's the bummer: The eggs, sausage, biscuits, and hash browns ... they tasted like facsimile food fashioned from ersatz ingredients. Ick. I tried the yogurt, which, amazingly, was also tasteless. I looked at the brand; it was something I'd never heard of. Maybe the hotel was just having a bad day in this regard.

Other than the breakfast, I was very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BWCapitalInn, Manager at Best Western Plus Capital Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

It’s funny you should mention that the BEST WESTERN PLUS Capital Inn “isn’t your father’s Best Western,” because it is! The second generation tore down the old property and rebuilt in 2007. The hotel has been passed down from father to sons and now I have joined the team as the granddaughter. Our family strives to provide all guests with the comforts of home.

I apologize for the less than desirable breakfast. We do not season our prepared foods to accommodate guests with varying dietary needs. We hope that the salt and pepper on each table will accommodate most taste differences. We are also in the process of changing food vendors, so we are still testing their menu options. Your feedback is very helpful in this matter.

I hope you will join us again when you travel back to Jefferson City.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is my favorite hotel next to the Marriott on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. The staff is super-friendly and helpful. The facilities are immaculate. I recommended this to out of state relatives and they were just as impressed. The rooms are huge and the environment is very homelike. I absolutely love it. I have stayed at some other Best Westerns and have been very disappointed in the value I got for my money. This place is certainly no disappointment. I know why the parking lot was full and was glad that I was able to get a reservation. AWESOME place!

Room Tip: The stairs are on either end of the building. The elevator is in the middle. There is no ice machine...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Wow! Thank you for the compliments! I will pass on your kind words to our staff. It is recognition like this that motivates us to continue striving to produce the best service and cleanest place to stay!