“Great German food and atmosphere!”
Review of Das Stein Haus

Das Stein Haus
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Made my family come here after I got back from living in Austria. Served authentic German Cuisine, had lots of drink selections and a great atmosphere. Highly reccomend, but come ready for a heavy german meal.

1  Thank ldboomer65
There are newer reviews for Das Stein Haus

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went here for our 25th wedding anniversary, and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We have German ancestry, so that made it extra special for us. This restaurant is one of a dying breed of privately-owned restaurants that speciaize in German cuisine. If you expect a large, roomy, modern type of atmosphere, then this is not for you, but if you want cozy and down-to-earth, with uniquely delicious food, this is your place!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Wife and I tried dining here tonight and we both enjoyed the delicious meals.
Wife had the Hungarian Goulosh and was so amazed that she never knew that it would be so delicious. I had the German Sampler Plater which was rich and the flavors complimented each other. We both agreed that the Red Cabbage was sinfully delicious and the German Potatoes were cooked perfectly. The grand moment of our dining experience was the dessert, Bananas Foster prepared at our table by the owner, Helmut Steiner. My lovely wife had never had Bananas Foster prepared like this before, she was very impressed.
The whole atmosphere of the resturaunt was very authentic and classy. The table settings were proof enough that we were in for a real treat.
After Helmut served us our dessert he invited us to come over to the lounge and have a drink and enjoy the evening with him and his staff. We had such fun with the regular crowd of patrons and staff we closed the place down. Ronda the bartender sure can sing, her singing voice was amazing. Ronda's Margaritas were sooooo smooth.
We look forward to traveling Jefferson City again to dine at Das Stein Haus.
The food is a bargin for all the flavor the served.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you want authentic German food, this is the place to go. But it is much more than authentic, it is absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is friendly, quaint, and a great break from the "cookie-cutter" environments of the chain and large restaurants. Go and enjoy fantastic German cuisine and take along a designated driver so you can enjoy a few brews with your meal. I most highly recommend Das Stein House!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Das Stein Haus is a nice departure from chain restaurant fare - so don't expect the same ol' thing when you go there. My husband had the German sampler with sauerbraten and beef roast, a pork cutlet and a sausage, served with German potatoes (very good) and red cabbage. I was extremely pleased with my Seafood Crepes A La Maison, which also came with mushrooms (not asparagus as the menu said) and German potatoes. We went on a weeknight and there were several groups of friends gathered, but our waitress and 1 host kept up nicely. The atmosphere is what I would call "homey" - maybe something my grandma would have designed if she were from Germany instead of Texas. Hubby and I decided we would like to come back sometime and hang out at the bar for awhile, or sit outdoors when it is warmer. We're not sure the kids would enjoy the different foods, but maybe for a school project.