“Great food. Horrible service.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #103 of 174 Restaurants in Jefferson City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I LOVE going to Applebee's for amazing food. Every time I go the food is amazing. But also every time I go the service is horrible. You wait 10 minutes just for someone to seat you, then you get sat and wait another 15 minutes just to get drinks. Then you wait 30 minutes just to get a check and another 30 for your server to come get your money. Would not recommend especially if you're in a hurry.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

While staying in Jefferson City for an event that attended, we decided to try out this Applebee's. The service was okay, nothing out of the standard take the order and bring the food style. The food however was hot and was very flavorful. In short the food was the better part of our visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

if you have been to one you know what to expect. Service was ok and the food was typical of any any Applebees.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We sat at the bar. The bartender not only took care of the bar patrons, she personally served the drinks to the table patrons while the other waitresses just watched her. She even went outside twice during our 30 minute stay. Therefore, service was very slow and inattentive.She didn't know how to operate a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine. She had to get someone from the kitchen to come out and help.

The floors were cluttered with napkins, drinking straw covers, and other debris. The floor behind the bar was also cluttered and not clean.

I wanted fish and chips because I wanted FRIED fish like the menu offered. I got a few pieces of what was obviously previously frozen fish then baked and greasy. The chips? Less than 10 total, and so salty I could not eat them without shaking off the excess salt. Very small portions.

My wife ordered her steak medium well. It was served rare. Very rare.

This place used to be OK. After this experience we won't be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

That's not a negative comment. One should always expect Applebee's to have good food and have good service. Reasonable prices. Like any other chain restaurant, nothing special.