“"Just Don't Eat"”
Review of Shep's Southside - CLOSED

Shep's Southside
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went to Shep's today and it was a terrible experience. The waitress was nice and helpful but the manager (who looks about 20 years old) was RUDE. He was so rude it was embarrassing.

When my coworker tried to order off of the children's menu, she was told she could not by our waitress. Fine. However, the waitress did not offer her a comparable suggestion. There was not an adult size of what she wanted to order on the menu (a grilled chicken breast and garlic bread). When the manager was summoned, he failed to offer a comparable meal or do anything at all to please my friend. In fact, he said she could "Just not eat." Yes, let me say that again, he stated that he would rather she not eat than offer her the items a la carte or charge her for something else and make a substitution. He was an a hole.

Also, it took the waitress TWENTY minutes to run our 7 checks. I know it is annoying to pay separately, but any establishment close to downtown Jefferson City should expect that at lunchtime.

I will never go back, stuffed burger be damned. Not only that, I will tell everyone I know to avoid Shep's at all costs.

ShepsGenMngr, Owner at Shep's Southside, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

We have a brand new server. She got nervous when an adult customer asked for a Kiddie Meal and our young respectful manager also gets nervous when people are upset. I wish they both had thought to show the customer the highly customizable "Build Your Own Grill" from the Dinner menu (while we don't always have everything available at lunch) our kitchen will prepare any dinner meal that is prepped and can be served in a timely manner.

I personally will be hand delivering 8 Grilled Chicken Dinners to the office of the 8 ladies who had the unfortunate experience.

Shep's will be making changes to our Menu to avoid confusion and frustration in the future. We are working on 2 Grilled Chicken sandwiches. We will add a Simple Grilled Chicken Meal to the Lunch Menu and we will remove the Kiddie Meals from the Adult menu and create a Fun Coloring Page so Kids can have fun while ordering.

Thank you ladies for helping us to know how we can improve our restaurant. We are a brand new restaurant and not only is our food made from scratch but everything else is too...we are learning.

I hope you have a Great DAY!
Jamie Shepherd, Shep's Owner and General Manager :)

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is new and just needs to be found...great food from scratch at great prices. Friendly mom and pop place, such a cool looking and inviting place! Looks like a dive from the outside but what an awesome surprise inside!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Service was great. They were friendly and ensured we had a great meal. They have a unique menu with a great selection of burgers. Stuffed steak is highly recommend. Value for price was also exceptional.