“Best lodging value in years”

Days Inn Jefferson City
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Friendly, helpful staff.
Good breakfast - included fruit cups!
Bed was fine; I slept well
I extended my stay to a third night because the location worked and I knew I couldn't do better

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Terry M
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thanks for your kind review and for staying with us. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and that you felt like you paid a fair price for the room. Hope to see you again if you're ever back in town.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have stayed in Days Inns before, in other states. This was nearly the best one.
My major complaint, which I described to the front desk staff, was the smoke smell on the floor where I stayed. As soon as I stepped off the elevator, the smell of smoke hit me like a wall. I was worried my room would smell the same, but it did not (thank you!). The sign on the wall stating "this is a non-smoking floor" contrasted with what reality, but I understand that the management is still in the process of making changes to this building.
The room was very clean and comfortable. I am one of those people who notices hotel cleanliness (or lack thereof) right away, so I was very happy when I entered the room.
A bonus was the filtered water machine near the breakfast area - awesome! The breakfast was good, too - well-stocked, enough variety - nothing exciting, but great for a continental breakfast.
The front desk personnel (both evening and morning) were friendly and helpful. They provided a welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JannIL1
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The "Non-Smoking Floor" sign refers to the public areas, but you're right...that is decieving and I'll order a new sign. We do have smoking rooms in the building and they are all on the third floor on one end of the hall. We'll see if we can figure out a way to keep that smell from coming down the hall. Thank you for the cleanliness and friendliness comments...we know this is the one thing we can improve on every day that improves guest experience and it doesn't cost a dime. I also have to say...I'm loving the filtered water machine too! It was originally purchased because of the heat but it turns out that guests use it a great deal in the mornings at breakfast too. Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for taking your valuable time to submit your thoughts on our hotel.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room was clean.Hotel staff friendly and courteous.Owner even aasisted me in parking truck and boat!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy L

Thank you for the kind review! I'm happy we were able to get you into a parking spot and I do hope that we see you again in the near future.

Thanks,

573-761-3600

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The service was excellent. The price was quite low. The breakfast was fine, typical for a deluxe continental breakfast, and enough to get your day going. The lobby was clean and in good shape. Stay away from the third floor, however. The smell as you get off the elevator will hit you like a Mack truck. It was as though someone dropped a pot of shrimp gumbo on the floor and never bothered to clean it up. Given the heat and humidity of Missouri in August, the smell hung in the air and made breathing fairly unpleasant, but you do get used to it. The mattresses were comfortable but not new by any stretch. The furniture was also pretty well used. Thin walls help you get to know the party next door whether you want to or not. Similar hotels that are a little more updated tend to cost at least another $20 a night, and often much more than that. This isn't a place I'd want to hang around in, but for the price if all you want is a pillow to put your head on, it's fine.

Room Tip: Get there early enough in the day so you have a choice to change rooms if yours smells like spoiled...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

I want to start by apologizing for your less than satisfactory experience. I'm unsure of what the smell was on the third floor or what night you stayed but I just walked up there and the smell from the gumbo spill has since been cleared up (I could venutre a guess that someone overcooked something in the microwave, but that odor would not have sustained throughout your stay and either way I'm very sorry). We were experiencing some heat issues with the third floor, July and the first part of August were horribly hot and humid. In an attempt to correct this we added 14 vents in the roof to release some more of the heat building up and installed much more powerful HVAC units at both ends of the third floor. I'm very sorry for the inconvinence this caused you and we should have caught the spill you discussed during our staffs walkthroughs of the property. I'll go back through the importance of these walkthroughs with staff to prevent issues like these for future guests. Things will happen, but we should have systems in place to identify and correct these issues ASAP and I apologize that I failed in that regard during your stay.

When I say the mattresses are new, what I mean is that we purchased them brand new after January 2011...so I guess I should revise that to "mattresses are less than a year old". The furniture in the rooms is something that we have not addressed to the degree that we would like to. We are far from wealthy folks so we are unable to sweep in and correct everything all at once...as much as we would like to. Currently my grandmother and grandfather are reupholstering the luggage racks and we are purchasing 5 new high quality desk chairs per month from Staples and as soon as we are able to afford it we will replace the furniture. Our property is a work in progress, but rest assured that do care and we are working as hard as we can to make our guests happy. We take no profit from the hotel and every penny we earn goes right back into it.

I'll also acknowledge that we aren't anywhere near a five star hotel. We strive to have clean, functional rooms, with similar amentities to the higher end properties and very good customer service, for a much cheaper price. We'll get there in time and it will be thanks to folks like yourself who take there time give us their opinion on their stay. While it's nice to get a bunch of compliments, compliments only assist us in repeating our past successes. Criticism...while it does sting, it helps us avoid our past mistakes and that is just as big a part of success in this industry.

Thank you for your candid comments.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel was exceptionally clean and we got a great room for a great price. The hotel staff were so friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and make us comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank r3dh3ad
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review about your stay with us. Glad we were able to help you out where we could and provide you a clean, comfortable room for a good price. It's really important to us that folks are treated well when they are staying with us and that they leave feeling that the hotel was a good deal. I know first hand it is becoming more and more difficult for travelers to find good accomodations for a reasonable price. Thanks again and I hope you will come see us again if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Spent a night here while checking out the area prior to being transferred to Jefferson City. Room was clean, very quiet and had a good nights sleep. Nothing special, but would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Welcome to the area! I'm glad you got a good nights sleep and were satisfied with the accomodations! Best of luck on your move and new job and thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I travel to Jefferson City for conferences on a yearly basis. Formerly I have stayed in other lodging in the area and have been very disappointed. This year I decided to stay at the Days Inn based on the great price, convenient location, and stellar reviews. I was not disappointed! The staff in the lobby were very welcoming and helpful. My room was updated and very clean. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sandrunr
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

We really appreciate you giving us a shot based on the reviews that you read. I worry sometimes that folks are too kind to us with their reviews! We have been able to get refrigerators, 32 inch flat screens, and new mattresses in the rooms thus far and are dangerously close to having a microwave in every room. While we still have a lot of work to do, our guests can rest assured that we are working as hard as we can to improve the property every day. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, if you're happy, then I'm happy. I look forward to seeing you next year for your conference and thank you again for giving us a shot to earn your business.