“Great on enight stay- Room service FANTASTIC”

DoubleTree by Hilton Jefferson City
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Much to my delight, my one night last minute business trip to Jefferson City was highlighted by my stay at the Doubletree Hotel. The hotel is perfectly located. The State Capitol building is within walking distance as other city buildings and fountains.

Jefferson City is a small rural city rich in Americana. It was inspiring to see so many American flags soaring over many of the buildings. Certainly not a tourist destination, it is a quiet and friendly city. No shopping nearby other than small local shops and cafes which may be worth a look but I didnt experience any of that.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. I was given a spacious king suite on the 6th floor. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable, as is the case with most Hilton properties. The bedding was soft and the pillows WONDERFUL. The bathroom was standard fare in size, was exceptionally clean. One of my favorite things in the room was the chaise chair. I was able to sit in the chair and watch the sun set while compiling my reports.

Front desk staff were very helpful. Quick check in and multiple people offering to assist with unloading my rental car. Parking was easy and close. By the time I parked my vehicle- staff had my belongings in my room.

I ordered quesidillas for dinner room room service. I wasnt expecting much of Mexican food considering the area of the country. To my surprise the food was GREAT and incredibly affordable (under $15.00 including tip and service charge). They even brought me a "free refill" of my soda. Hotels have NO IDEA how valuable a free second soda is with a meal when working long nights in your room. HUGE BENEFIT. Of course my piping hot cookie Doubletree gives to all guests was delightful.

There is a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel. I did not eat there but the room service is a good indicator. Room service ends a bit early- 11PM.

The rate was very affordable. I called the hotel and booked directly with friendly staff. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn (another Hilton property) about 9 miles away since the rate is about $20 cheaper per night. Definitely worth the extra $20 for this stay.

THE DOWNSIDE- Really only 2 issues I would change. The first is minor0 the flat screen TV is too small for the room. Not a big deal, its acceptable but just small. The only true negative is the internet connection..........very slowwwwwwwwwwww. I had to use my air card some of the time. That costs me money if I exceed my usage. I still think its an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is circular, many rooms are by the elevator. It can be a tiny bit noisy early evenin...
1  Thank tricialitzinger

Reviewed April 24, 2012

After reading the reviews for in this city--I settled on this hotel. This hotel was extremely clean and pretty well maintained. We received a warm cookie at check-in, which my kids loved. The room looked as if it had been renovated recently--granite counters, new bathtub, soft linen and comfortable beds.

This hotel is in walking distance of the downtown area. We enjoyed a fun family dinner at Ariss's pizza and also took the kids to Central Dairy for ice cream. We also enjoyed a late night drink at the roof top bar/restaurant.

The cons: The water was turned off for 45 minutes the first night we were there to fix a leak. One of the two elevators was not functioning the next morning and the rooms were pretty tight for a family of four. We had one request to the front desk to bring up more towels and they never showed up.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fly_high5
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed only one night for a wedding, No hot water for showers, room was clean and warm chocolate cookie on check in. Parking a nightmare as this place is round so the room was a bit on the strange side. Staff was polite and helpful but an older hotel with a few problems.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cael P
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean with very comfortable beds. Check-in went smoothly with free, warm chocolate chip cookies. I think the value was good at $99 for one night. On the negative side, I wish the refrigerator had a small freezer in it. Also, we were on the 12th floor, and with only two elevators, we sometimes had to wait a long time to go up or down. Free parking underneath the hotel was very wet with limited spaces due to the circular shape pf the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank STLFamily_Guy52
Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you have to stay over in Jefferson City try the Double Tree Hotel. The service is great and the beds are very comfortable. The location of the hotel will place you right down town in walking distance to the capitol and other great events.

1  Thank JaniceP844
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I appreciated having a cookie "for the road" when I checked out. My overall experience was excellent.

Room Tip: Might ask for a room not across from the elevators. When people get off elevators and say good nite...
1  Thank Darlene S
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I also traveled with the group that was turned away at the Double Tree. In all total, we probably had 12 rooms booked for our group for two weeks. Mr. Copeland is a very unprofessional desk manager and was VERY rude to us. I will not stay at the Double Tree in Jeff City, ever again. We moved over to the Fairfield Inn, which is much nicer than the Double Tree. Sorry Hilton that you would tarnish your good name by employing a jerk like Mr. Copeland to represent your property.

Room Tip: This hotel still offers smoking rooms. We booked non-smoking rooms and still got put in smoking roo...
7  Thank Lanny57