“The DoubleTree Jefferson City is an excellent choice for business or leisure travel.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Jefferson City
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The rooms are furnished nicely, with granite counter tops in the bath and on the TV stand/chest. Beds are very comfortable. The lobby and other public areas are clean, nicely decorated and well-maintained.

The restaurant, Sapphires, is very good, with a breakfast buffet in the morning, and a good menu for lunch and dinner. A bit pricy, but consistent with a typical hotel restaurant. Service is generally very good, although a companion on this trip complained of poor service at breakfast.

Parking, as others have mentioned, is funky, due to the shape of the building - it's a round tower, so the rooms and parking spaces are pie-shaped. I recommend trying to arrive early enough to park in one of the 'single' spots on the inside row, so you're not trying to squeeze in next to another car.

Other than parking, the DoubleTree Jefferson City has been excellent all five times I've stayed there this year. Rates are good as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Ok, I'll give the good news first - the hotel is in an awesome location, very convenient and the rooms are clean and comfortable, though small.

The front desk staff and 'management' are HORRIBLE! I called about a week prior to my arrival to see if they had any suites available since we had an extra person traveling with us. The first time I called and said I needed to see about changing a reservation the girl told me that she was busy helping someone and did I want to hold or what. Well yes I want to hold, I did call with a purpose! I held for over 5 minutes and hung up, called back the next day. The first girl who answered told me "well our suites are only for gold or diamond members". So I said, you would just let it sit empty rather than selling it to me? She had to get a manager. The manager kept me on hold about 5 minutes, then picked up the phone and without saying hi or introducing herself or anything just very rudely said "we just had a group book at the last minute and they are getting all of our suites" and then HUNG UP! Are you kidding?!? First - I was NOT asking for a free suite. I was definitely willing to pay for an upgrade, I just thought it would be easier to do on the phone rather than online. Yeah right. ISecond - when I did check in to the hotel, I went online to see if I could book a suite and guess what? They were available! What a joke!

Room Tip: Ha! Don't ask for a suite unless you are a "DIAMOND"
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Time2Go1516
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was very nice. The restaurant has a good wine list, but the food is terrible and bar is too tall to comfortably sit at it to work or socialize. Every person who sat down at the bar commented on this; even a guy who was over 6' tall!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I wasn't a fan of the parking when I arrived. Very small spots, but there is limited space available so not much anyone can do. One of the beds wasn't all the way made up when I checked in to my room. Kind of odd. Makes you wonder why? Other than that, nice hotel, good value. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We decided to try the doubletree this weekend instead of the capitol plaza hotel.
Not impressed.
We reserved our October date in June. We requested an upper level floor away from elevators and were given the 4th floor (out of 12) 2 doors away from the  elevator. We immediately noticed noise from the room next door thru the closed adjoining room door. The room was nice and fairly large (whirlpool suite) The air conditioner in the bedroom was right next to the bed and extremely loud...all night. Coffee in the lobby was thru Starbucks, was $1.75 for 1 small, pumped from a dispenser and lukewarm (better the next day from the gas station next door). We left the hotel at noon and arrived back around 7:30pm to our unmade room. We went by the desk on the way to dinner to let them know and they tried to give us towels to take back up...we let them know it was up to them to take care of it.  When we left on Sunday there were 3 maids on our floor making up rooms with the music cranked and shouting...hey, sir, which room are you checking out from.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed in the Doubletree, Jefferson City twice in the last six months. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful one. The Sunday breakfast buffet was a treat, and the staff made sure that if there was anything we wanted that was not on the buffet, we got it. I was there for an awards dinner at another property, there was a convention going on at the Doubletree, but we never would have known it if we had not met participants. The rooms are comfortable and spacious in this round (ish) hotel. The view of Jefferson City from our room was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Capitol view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My family and I traveled to Jefferson City for a Christian Festival at the Capital and found this hotel to stay in. What a good choice we made when we stayed here. It was during their off season so the price wasn't too high. We had reserved a standard view to save money but since they were not busy they upgraded up to Capital view which was nice since everything we were doing in town was based at the Capital. The rooms are odd shaped since it is a round building but there was plenty of room for the 4 of us. My 2 sons loved the pool since it was nice and warm and had a nice hot tube that flowed into the pool. During breakfast we went to the top floor and had the buffet. It was great with made to order eggs, omelets and waffles. Plus the kids ate free!!! Over all I would love to stay here again. This is my first DoubleTree but enjoyed every moment there. Plus free cookies at check in!

Room Tip: See if you can get Capital View high floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family