“4 Hours of Hammering”

Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
“4 Hours of Hammering”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is in a great location! The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. Breakfast is good too.
Our complaint is that they were hammering away in the room next door (we were in 129) for the first 4 hours of our stay. They did not stop until after 9:30pm!

• Stayed October 2013
CSMO243, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear guest,
First off please let me apologize for the construction going on next door to you. We are remodeling our fitness center to reflect the new "Truly Yours" design from Choice Hotels. I agree it was too late for them to be banging around, and I will work on getting contractors to halt work earlier in the day. Thank you for all of your kind compliments and I will be sure to share them with my staff. We hope to see you again when you come through next time, so we can have another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tennessee
Reviewed October 19, 2013

everything you could need nice small pool, hot tub athletic room, and a very very nice room bed slept well, room had a couch a comfortable lounge chair someone thought a lot about the small things that my wife appreciates and all in a pet friendly room. breakfast was your new typical hotel fair.Very attentive and friendly staff.

Room Tip: pets have to be under 20 lbs
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hammerholt
Benjmain E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. I will make sure that I share your comments with my staff also. We always love to see that we are doing the best job we can for our guests. As a guest, your comfort and satisfaction are our #1 priority and I am excited that your experience was a great one. We truly hope that we will see you again the next time you are through this area.
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night after attending a wedding at Chaumette Vineyards. Didn't check in until after midnight. Comfy beds, quite room/hallways, clean, comfortable and spacious. Good variety of breakfast the next morning. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smileygirll
CSMO243, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for all of your kind words. My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you do happen to come back to this area in the future, we hope to see you again!
Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm completely confused with the rave reviews. I admit I do not normally stay at hotels that are at this "level". I usually stay at much more affordable hotels. The staff was very courteous and I can do nothing but compliments the staff I interacted with. From a distance I can see how many would say the rooms are clean but I have to differ. It starts with me grabbing the ice bucket to use as a popcorn bowl. I was surprised to find my self soaked as there was still water in it. No remote for the TV so I called the desk. She did find a remote for us to use. In looking for the remote we found things we did not want to see. There were wrappers, dust bunnies and old pens behind the nightstand and under the bed along the baseboards. The large hairball in the bath tub was not appealing either. I can accept the hair ball, remote and the water in the ice bucket as a fluke or bad day. I really can. The wrappers, pens, dust bunnies and obviously dirty or stained furniture show a track record of lack of detail. They had no other room to give us as they were full. They did discount our room what I would consider minimal. I know my review seams off par for this hotel and it may be hard to believe but I have no reason to create this. The staff has acknowledged all of the above with the exception of the dirty furniture. The other problem with the propery was the muliply strobing parking lot lights. Most annoying. Glad my room was not on either of those sides.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Greg G
Benjmain E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I am deeply troubled by your words. As you can see by our numerous other positive reviews, this is not the way we normaly do things. As soon as I recived your comments, I took the room out of service and had it thouroughly deep cleaned. I apologize for not only failing to meet your expectations, but also for not exceding them like we do for every other guest. My staff and I would love to have you stay with us again so we can show you the kind of service you would expect from us.
Purvis, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent! The staff and accommodations are great! Our rooms were clean, big and comfortable. The hotel was full every night and yet it was quiet. The pool was great. Our girls were able to swim and we sat comfortably watching them. Ample parking and lots of safety lighting. The internet was free, completely non-smoking property and great TV channel options. The breakfast was great and the hostess for the breakfast helped make sure food was prepared and hot. We stayed at this location on 2 different occasions this summer for a total of 5 nights. If you want a great experience when you are traveling this is the place for you! The management is excellent at this location, all reservations and billing were handled properly and management works just as hard as the other staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lindsey M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks for all your wonderful comments! We have wonderful employees here that work really hard to keep everything working properly! I will pass on the comments to all employees!! Thanks again, hope you can come back and visit us really soon!!
Webster Groves, Missouri
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night while in Cape for a wedding. We felt like we were living in the lap of luxury!! I asked for an earlier check-in (1 hour) and they were great about it. What's better is we made good time getting down there and got there before our check-in time. They were great and had our room ready 10 minutes later! The room was very modernly decorated and had very high ceilings. We loved it!! What's better is we had a hot tub in the hotel room. It was small but a hot tub is a hot tub! At the end of the night, we were able to sit in it, relax and watch TV. I joked with him about living there. We got an amazing room for a great price! The only negative comment I have is the noise coming from other rooms. I told the lady at the desk that we would be coming back and we definitely will.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for all the great comments! We love hearing this!! Hope you get to come see us again really soon!!
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The rooms are a nice size and kept clean. My room had a king size bed, couch, coffee table, microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast is the only average thing about the hotel. Not bad at all, just nothing really different the every other place. I will definitely use this hotel whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson, MO
#7 of 10 in Cape Girardeau
Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau
Hampton Inn Cape Girardeau I-55 East
Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center

Been to Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau? Share your experiences!