Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm completely confused with the rave reviews. I admit I do not normally stay at hotels that are at this "level". I usually stay at much more affordable hotels. The staff was very courteous and I can do nothing but compliments the staff I interacted with. From a distance I can see how many would say the rooms are clean but I have to differ. It starts with me grabbing the ice bucket to use as a popcorn bowl. I was surprised to find my self soaked as there was still water in it. No remote for the TV so I called the desk. She did find a remote for us to use. In looking for the remote we found things we did not want to see. There were wrappers, dust bunnies and old pens behind the nightstand and under the bed along the baseboards. The large hairball in the bath tub was not appealing either. I can accept the hair ball, remote and the water in the ice bucket as a fluke or bad day. I really can. The wrappers, pens, dust bunnies and obviously dirty or stained furniture show a track record of lack of detail. They had no other room to give us as they were full. They did discount our room what I would consider minimal. I know my review seams off par for this hotel and it may be hard to believe but I have no reason to create this. The staff has acknowledged all of the above with the exception of the dirty furniture. The other problem with the propery was the muliply strobing parking lot lights. Most annoying. Glad my room was not on either of those sides.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Greg G
Benjmain E, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I am deeply troubled by your words. As you can see by our numerous other positive reviews, this is not the way we normaly do things. As soon as I recived your comments, I took the room out of service and had it thouroughly deep cleaned. I apologize for not only failing to meet your expectations, but also for not exceding them like we do for every other guest. My staff and I would love to have you stay with us again so we can show you the kind of service you would expect from us.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent! The staff and accommodations are great! Our rooms were clean, big and comfortable. The hotel was full every night and yet it was quiet. The pool was great. Our girls were able to swim and we sat comfortably watching them. Ample parking and lots of safety lighting. The internet was free, completely non-smoking property and great TV channel options. The breakfast was great and the hostess for the breakfast helped make sure food was prepared and hot. We stayed at this location on 2 different occasions this summer for a total of 5 nights. If you want a great experience when you are traveling this is the place for you! The management is excellent at this location, all reservations and billing were handled properly and management works just as hard as the other staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Lindsey M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! We have wonderful employees here that work really hard to keep everything working properly! I will pass on the comments to all employees!! Thanks again, hope you can come back and visit us really soon!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night while in Cape for a wedding. We felt like we were living in the lap of luxury!! I asked for an earlier check-in (1 hour) and they were great about it. What's better is we made good time getting down there and got there before our check-in time. They were great and had our room ready 10 minutes later! The room was very modernly decorated and had very high ceilings. We loved it!! What's better is we had a hot tub in the hotel room. It was small but a hot tub is a hot tub! At the end of the night, we were able to sit in it, relax and watch TV. I joked with him about living there. We got an amazing room for a great price! The only negative comment I have is the noise coming from other rooms. I told the lady at the desk that we would be coming back and we definitely will.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for all the great comments! We love hearing this!! Hope you get to come see us again really soon!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The rooms are a nice size and kept clean. My room had a king size bed, couch, coffee table, microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast is the only average thing about the hotel. Not bad at all, just nothing really different the every other place. I will definitely use this hotel whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a recent roadtrip. It was the perfect stopping point. Quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating during our stay. They even had copies of the menus for local eateries available at the front desk. Made it very easy to choose where we were going to eat that night. Very easy to get to from I55. The breakfast was typical but all I wanted that morning was coffee and juice so I didn't pay much attention to the rest. Definitely would return if traveling by or in the area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crumbsnatcher

Reviewed August 18, 2013

we stayed here went to sawyer brown concert in cape Girardeau its really a nice place to stay very clean front desk very friendly the breakfast was really good our room had kng bed couch desk frig microwave internet was fast we will stay there again for sure

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The motel is somwhat isolated, but well worth the stay. The front lobby is very large and inviting. The breakfast area is right next to it. The check-in process was very smooth, and the staff was very helpful. Our stay was short, so we didn't have a chance to use the pool. The room was large and served our needs, and was clean. Another nice feature was the fridge, and microwave. Breakfast was excellent, complete with eggs, meat, and waffles, as well as the usual cold items. If we get back to the area, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roomchecker

Thank you! Hope you can come visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
#4 of 10 in Cape Girardeau
Hampton Inn Cape Girardeau I-55 East
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson, MO
Drury Plaza Hotel Cape Girardeau Conference Center
Drury Plaza Hotel Cape Girardeau...
#7 of 10 in Cape Girardeau
Holiday Inn Express Cape Girardeau
4 mi away
Drury Inn & Suites Cape Girardeau

Been to Comfort Suites Jackson/Cape Girardeau? Share your experiences!