“Great lamb and pea pie, Chicken and Camembert pie a little stodgy”

Richmond Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Richmond Beakery is a well established business, providing quality products using traditional methods to local, interstate and overseas tourist market as well as our regular customers on a daily basis, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day only). Opening hours 7.30am to 5pm daily.We have the best pies in Tassie,gourmet sandwiches and salad rolls with an extensive range of cakes, slices, pastries, served with great coffee or from one of the many teas. Select from a large range of bread to take home.A visit to Richmond is not complete without a visit to the Bakery.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My partner and I dropped in for lunch on a Monday. My partner had the lamb and pea pie and said that it was just like a stew in a pie. I had the Chicken and Camembert pie and found it a little stodgy with not a great taste of the Camembert that I was expecting. The service was quite quick and efficient and it is great that the cafe accepts EFTPOS over $10.

There are newer reviews for Richmond Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Had the best pie ever - curry scallop pie! I could have had 5 but restrained myself to only 3. Also whilst in Richmond drop by the goal cause its very interesting.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I always stop here on my way to East Coast from Hobart. Yes it does get busy but staff try to get the queue down as fast as possible. I think the curry scallop pies are great! & I always end up taking away a bag of cakes & slices too. Sit in the courtyard to eat, better than eating inside.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Have been many times over the years and while there is a good variety of hot and cold food to choose from the only thing that really lets it down is that when it is busy there is no order to the place and if you are not pushy and or not a local then you may not get served - I have always thought that surely a numbering system would solve this as in supermarket deli's ... A fair system. I bet there are a lot of frustrated people who having waited to be served have gone elsewhere. There were 2 staff on the till but only one eftpos machine.

1  Thank Salhaladin
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Staff rude, impatient, could not manage a smile. For a larger bakery, no much of a selection of food. Reasonably priced. Lovely outside area to sit at. Close to other Richmond attractions.

1  Thank Savy_Sydney_Lily