“Visit to Bakery is a must”

Richmond Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Richmond Beakery is a well established business, providing quality products using traditional methods to local, interstate and overseas tourist market as well as our regular customers on a daily basis, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day only). Opening hours 7.30am to 5pm daily.We have the best pies in Tassie,gourmet sandwiches and salad rolls with an extensive range of cakes, slices, pastries, served with great coffee or from one of the many teas. Select from a large range of bread to take home.A visit to Richmond is not complete without a visit to the Bakery.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

On our recent visit to Tassie, our group of 8 had breakfast here on our way thru to Wineglass Bay. We all enjoyed the Very nice choice of pies and coffee was hmmm. Atmosphere was very warm for a small village bakery

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good coffee and cakes set in the main st of Richmond...opposite the miniature town of Hobart. The service was prompt and friendly and the prices were reasonable

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had the most delicious amaretto cakes I have ever tasted from this bakery. I loved them so much I took home a carry case of them via two different planes home to Queensland. Unfortunately they are now all gone :-(

If anyone told me told me I had to have a last meal, I would ask for a plate of amaretto cakes from Richmond Bakery - that would be all I would want.

The coffee was also lovely, and the staff very friendly, and I'd like to marry the cook who made the amaretto cakes!

Highly recommended eatery for anyone visiting the beautiful town of Richmond. We visited the bakery three times, and on our way back to Hobart on the day before we were leaving, we make a special trip back via Richmond again especially for the bakery.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This bakery has everything except the service lets it down. Train the staff how to firstly get the order right, then to make coffee at the correct temperature. There must be plenty of good cafe staff around, how come I always get unenthusiastic slap dash staff who regularly get the order wrong. and then seem put out when you tell them it is not what you ordered. I recently took a group of tourists there but spent most of the time waiting at the counter waiting for the order to be corrected. what a shame, the cafe is in the perfect setting and lots of good food but it seems that every second visit I get very bad customer service. Unfortunately my last visit I bought scallop pies all round but something must have gone wrong with them, they were filled with some watery substance that ran all over the plate. the pastry was right but inside there was no scallops only about a tablespoon of sauce and a whole lot of water that ran everywhere when we cut into them. How this could happen I have no idea. we were so annoyed we threw them out as we couldnt waste any more time at the counter. Think it is time I gave the other cafes a try in the area when I take visitors to Richmond. Too pot luck really with the service.

1  Thank Taj940
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Made a detour to Richmond town for a break on our trip to the wildlife centre nearby, and was attracted by this cosy local bakery to stop for a snack. The setting, ambience and even counter service reminded us of the renowned Maid of Honour Bakery at Kew Garden of Richmond in London. Indeed, the two localities of the same name across the oceans bear amazing resemblance in their British sub-urban environment and feel.

To our delight, the bakery offered the Tassie specialty of scallop pie which we hastened to order one to try, and it was so delicious that we quickly went for another. As one reviewer pointed out, the pie was stuffed with some half a dozen scallops nicely matched with tasty curry cream. Indeed, the scallops were bigger and more fresh than those served at seafood restaurants we had tried.

Reasonably priced and relaxing in setting, the bakery is clearly popular in the local community and surely a place not to be missed if you are in the area.