“Great pies!! Curried scallop best in Tassie”

Richmond Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Richmond Beakery is a well established business, providing quality products using traditional methods to local, interstate and overseas tourist market as well as our regular customers on a daily basis, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day only). Opening hours 7.30am to 5pm daily.We have the best pies in Tassie,gourmet sandwiches and salad rolls with an extensive range of cakes, slices, pastries, served with great coffee or from one of the many teas. Select from a large range of bread to take home.A visit to Richmond is not complete without a visit to the Bakery.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped here for a light lunch, very impressed with the quality of the pies. I had the pea and lamb, lovely gravy, quality lamb (no gristle) and crisp pastry, a really good pie! My partner had the curried scallop, best he's had.

Kim K, Manager at Richmond Bakery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the Bakery. Great to hear you enjoyed both the Lamb & Pea and the Curried Scallop Pies. It would of been a difficult choice with so many ones to choose from. We have been told many times that we have the best Curried Scallop pies in Tassie and with whole scallops. Thanks for letting us know!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The pies are great and fresh with real meat. Worth the stop over down a side street of the main drag - near the gaol.

Thanks for your fantastic review and for letting us know how much you enjoyed the real "meat" pies. Our pies are made in-house everyday with quality ingredients. Can I suggest a dessert or cake next time you visit Richmond as they are equally as good and made with fresh ingredients and real cream.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We came to Tasmania for a school trip and we happened to stop by at this Bakery. Me and my friends all bought the Curried Chicken Pie and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best pie we ever had and we would go back just for that Pie.

Kim K, Manager at Richmond Bakery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thanks for your "AMAZING" review of our Curried Chicken Pie. Why not try one of our many other AMAZING pies on your next visit? They are truly all this good.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Was so good to hear from Kim the manager that he had read out my feedback on tripadvisor to his staff as part of staff training. My husband vowed and declared never to go back after a bad experience but I have gradually lured him back. And thank goodness because now the staff are aware of my experience and it is very unlikely to happen again. On Sunday everything was great except for the cold coffee, but I told the girl it was cold and she put the thermometer in my coffee and found it was only 55 degrees so she remade it no problem - and did it with a smile! So it does pay to mention it if the coffee is cold and they can rectify it rather than put up with cold coffee. Going for coffee and cake to the Richmond Bakery has become a bit of a ritual for our family so it is so nice find a manager who does care about customers. Thank you Kim.

Kim K, Manager at Richmond Bakery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Good Morning,
Firstly, thank you for giving us another chance and for your honest review. Although your visit was not faultless, I am pleased to hear that it was a more pleasant one. I was disappointed to hear your coffee was cold but was pleased that you took it back to have it remade.
Our aim is now to improve in all areas to match our rating for food - 5 star. Thanks to your reviews and with ongoing staff (and coffee) training we can only get better.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was very happy with service and the great tasting foods. My wife and I had a great tasting curried scallop pie. Very happy with everything and will be going back again.

Kim K, Manager at Richmond Bakery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you for your review, it was pleasing to hear you enjoyed your food and time at the Bakery.
Curried Scallop Pies are now our number one seller and the feedback we have is amazing. People come from interstate and overseas just for our pies from reviews like yours. Once again thank you for comments and we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future.