“Horrible pie”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Richmond Beakery is a well established business, providing quality products using traditional methods to local, interstate and overseas tourist market as well as our regular customers on a daily basis, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day only). Opening hours 7.30am to 5pm daily.We have the best pies in Tassie,gourmet sandwiches and salad rolls with an extensive range of cakes, slices, pastries, served with great coffee or from one of the many teas. Select from a large range of bread to take home.A visit to Richmond is not complete without a visit to the Bakery.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My Curried Chicken pie was horrible.

Flavourless chicken was there in small chunks but the overall flavour was gross with no curry flavour evident. The $4.70 made it overpriced, too.

I'll not order that one again. It, and the experience, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Kim K, Owner at Richmond Bakery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thanks for your review. Having just joined Trip Advisor I was disappointed to hear that you didn't like your pie. Pies here are usually really..really good, so I hope you can come back and give us another try sometime. Kim

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The last time I visited this cafe we were kept waiting for ten minutes by the female behind the counter, who apologised to keeping us waiting but explained "because it was the boss on the other end of the phone, I couldn't leave him hanging on the phone while I served you"!!! and when she serve us, which was an hour before closing time, she said the coffee machine had been cleaned therefore she could not make us coffee, and the pies heater had been turned off therefore were no hot pies available. We did remind her that the closing time was on the door which told us that she still had an hour before closing time!
But we did try the cafe again on Sunday - I went in and asked the large blonde poney-tailed girl behind the counter if I purchased cakes and four coffees, could i have a carrying box to hold the coffees to carry over to the park. "No" was her very definite reply and she immediately walked away. I thought that was unusual in a take away coffee shop, so I asked the Barista if there was any means of carrying four cups of takeaway coffee - and he immediately came up with a four cup carrier from under the counter.
Coffee is good, food is good, just need to train some of the staff with a bit of customer service and revise the closing time advertised on the door! if they are not "open for business" then no use being "open".

1  Thank Taj940

Having just joined Trip Advisor was very disappointed to read your review. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. As a result of this, we started customer service training this week and pointed out that our Customers' are the most important people to our business.
I was shocked to find out that you were not served hot drinks and am happy to tell you that they are available until 6pm daily.
Your review was read out at the meeting/training to make them aware of their processess. We hope that you will come back and enjoy not only our great food but also friendly service next time.
Thank you again for your honest review. Kim

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I like a lot about this bakery but find some prices rather high. They used to make wonderful soft sweet rolls but sadly no longer. The cake range is very appertising...sad about the waist line!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Fantastic bakery great food helpful staff, nice seating area in a wonderful part of Tasmania. Would recommend it to everyone...

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were very pleased with our lunch. We selected pre-made sandwiches from the case, which were very fresh - and made with delicious bread. If we had read other reviews before our experience, we would certainly have tried the curried scallop pies!