“Perfect”
Review of Hatcher's Manor

Hatcher's Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We would like to thank Colin & Jeanette for another great stay. We have stayed here a few times now and have been treated like we are part of their family.
We enjoyed a wonderful meal in the restaurant and retired to a georgeous room with a supurb view.
Thanks again and we will be back again.

Room Tip: Close your eyes and pick one - they are all lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at Hatchers Manor , booked via Sun Lover and we were highly impressed. The experience was everything it had promised to be - a lovely location, really superb food and attentive, caring staff. We were put in the Executive suite 2 which has Georgian period furniture suiting a Georgian house which had views over the farm and Richmond’s historic St Johns Church , Well-appointed bathroom and possibly the most comfortable King bed I have ever slept in!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I really enjoyed my two nights stay in Hatchers Richmond Manor. The hotel is set in a lovely spot just outside Richmond just a short drive to Hobart. I enjoyed walking through the apricot orchards to the village. My room was really comfortable with a large four poster bed. The best thing was that the staff were very friendly and welcoming! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We last visited the manor some time ago (18 months) so we were surprised that they remembered us and were welcomed like returning family! Still a lovely place with great staff and management and quaintly charming rooms. The views are still spectacular and the location is perfect for families who want a base to explore around the Hobart region.
Most of all the kids really enjoyed being able to run around and play with all the farm animals (the alpacas were their fave and the horses came a close second). The food was great homestyle cooking like I remembered and the service....outstanding!

Room Tip: There are quite a few large apartments to choose from for families
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I thought that it would be a good idea to stay there for 3 nights based on the advertising material shown on the internet. We noted that it has a 4 star rating which turned out to be a self-appointed rating by the management only. We are frequent travellers and have previously never felt the need to write a review until now.
On arrival we were unable to find anyone to check us in, the phone at the reception counter had a sign on it requiring us to call a number for assistance – unfortunately the phone did not work so we searched until we found someone who could help. We found many issues with our room as follows: A very dark lounge and bedroom with extremely poor lighting, the entry door had a large gap underneath (which is not good in a rural environment in terms of vermin, inadequate light in the bathroom which had no window or good ventilation, complimentary bath soap and shampoo which had been previously used by other guests, worn bath towels, a very hard couch to which I was unable to place my feet on the floor, cutlery and plates in the kitchenette looked like they had been rinsed and not washed, none of the furniture seemed to match, the bed was extremely hard and had very worn sheets and felt damp. Worst of all I found pubic hair in the bed. There were also other issues.

After the first hour we decided to leave and find alternative accommodation, we drove to Hobart. The person who was warm and friendly to us when we checked in became unpleasant when we informed her that we were leaving. Unfortunately we had pre-paid and forfeited the cost of one nights’ accommodation. We were more than happy to leave due to the standard of accommodation offered. The description offered in the marketing of these premises is vastly overstated.

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH before booking otherwise you too will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Please do your research!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank William S
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here on our last night in Tassie, what a mistake, The pictures on the net are not what you get ,I have stayed in better places in South America and they are in a third world country and 2 star . The beds were uncomfortable nobody on reception if you wanted more milk sugar tea or coffee you had to go walk abouts to find somebody , We had dinner at the restaurant their staff come out of the kitchen with dog food to feed the dogs which by the way have full run of the restaurant. I paid about $23 dollars for chicken parmie what a joke 1 boiled potato cut into 4, 1 spoonful of broccoli, 2 slices of carrot and the chicken I think came from the frozen section of coles or woollies . Our friends meals were just as bad never knew you could get medium rare steak that is raw but you can there . If I had known the owners did the cooking we would of gone to the pub. Also like hearing about how they buy things from the tip shop while we were eating .I did however feel for the chinese staff they weren't even given a chance to get out of their rain coat and farm gear before serving us . I really feel that the health dept should go in there under cover and see what happens . The waitress/owner looked like she had her slippers and dirty yard clothes on and her hair was everywhere, she was chewing gum while talking to us - the food and service was less than average. The rooms were large that was it, the beds were uncomfortable and the furniture looked like it was from the tip shop too. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Homer6519
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our initial impression was that this property was quaint. The staff were friendly. Unfortunately that is where our positivity ended.

We were in Room 7. The decor was old, tired 80's style. The curtains were falling off their tracks, did not meet in the middle and were very, very dated. The front door was sticking and was not fitting in the door frame. It took some strength to open and close it. Meanwhile, the cold air was seeping in around the door because it was not a good fit in the frame!

The lights in the lounge were too low of a wattage to be comfortable. The sofa was some monstrosity that was so uncomfortable sitting on the floor would have been better. The dining table top moved and was quite unstable.

The light in the kitchenette was blown and we had to work in the dark. The crockey absolutely needs to be updated - especially the cups.

Although there was heaps of room in the bathroom the towels have seen better days and the hand towels were too thin. Pink is pretty for little girls but not really for guest accommodation.

Now to the bedroom. Oh dear. The bed was King Size - the only redeeming feature. The bed was so hard the floor would have been softer. The bedding was inadequate for the cool weather. We had to put single blankets on top of the bedding to at least get some warmth. The pillows were past their use by date - thin and useless (lucky I travel with my own pillow). The bed frame was big, chunky and out of place. I knocked my toes and knees on the bed frame so many times it wasn't funny.

I managed to last 2 hours in the bed before relocating to sleeping on the sofa in the lounge, which was awful to sleep on. I still have a sore back and neck from the bed. Hubby barely got any sleep and we were both exhausted by morning.

We dined in the onsite restaurant. Quirky is the word for it. The staff was friendly. The table we sat at had a dirty tablecloth that should have been changed. It had some sort of sauce spilt on it and salt spilt all over it. The cutlery and crockery was dirty. The food - well, it was passable. My salmon was way overcooked. The only redeeming feature of the entire meal was the dessert which was delicious. We were quite disappointed that there was no local wine. The wine we finally chose to drink was a 10 year old white; not at its best.

We had booked - and paid in advance - for 2 nights. We left after our first night. Unfortunately we were not given the offer to refund on our second night. We found another local place to stay which was an older property but beautifully cared for and warm and comfortable.

We do not recommend Hatcher's Manor at all. Stay well clear. I have more to say but feel it would be rude to. I try to find the positives in everything but it was so hard to do so here.

Room Tip: Don't even bother.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Trudy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart
Mulberry Cottage Unique B&B Accommodation
Junction Motel
Junction Motel
#1 of 3 in New Norfolk

Been to Hatcher's Manor? Share your experiences!