The manor is in a good position just out of Richmond, so it's very quiet. The manor and farm are getting on a bit, and probably in need of a bit of a revamp. The photos on the website give the impression that there are animals in abundance (which was one of the reasons we picked it). This isn't really the case. Whilst there a few draught horses, a Shetland Pony, Alpacas, and a couple of goats, that's about it.
We stayed in the self contained cottage for four nights. It had everything you would expect for this type of accommodation. Although, the three seater lounge is a sofa bed that sags in the middle and is not very comfortable to sit on. It needs replacing.
If you are looking for the information about office hours, restaurant hours, internet access, and other information you might need to know about during your stay, then you will need to go into the toilet, where it's located on the toilet door!!!
One of the confusing things we found was that according to the information (on the back of the toilet door) they try to be environmentally friendly at Hatcher's Manor. They therefore ask that if you don't want your towels replaced to leave them on the towel racks, rather than leaving them on the floor. We left the towels on the racks, but still they changed them everyday. We even told the lady at the reception that we didn't need them changing, but still they changed them. Her response was, that if she told the cleaner not to change them for our stay, they might not change them for other people staying after us!!!! What was particularly annoying was one day, after being out all day, we found that the cleaner hadn't closed the front door. Hence, anyone could have come in and stolen our possessions.
We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I cannot comment on how good it may or may not be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay in one of the many different room types at Hatchers Manor and it should say “Gas Log Fire Heating in some rooms” Also the pink colour of the words , can we change that to another colour. We have many different styles of accommodation suiting tourists, locals, honeymooners and families. All Rooms have: Private Bathrooms. TV & DVDs. King or Queen Size Beds. Self-Contained Kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hatcher's Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatcher`s Manor Hotel Richmond
- Hatchers Hotel Richmond
- Hatcher's Manor Richmond, Tasmania