“A bit pricey , service slow and...”

Ashmore on Bridge Street
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
hertfordshire
“A bit pricey , service slow and...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Richmond used to have 4 or 5 restaurants now it only has 2. The Ashmore is the posher one. We ordered a chicken dish for my wife and Atlantic salmon for me. We waited some 45 minutes. The food eventually arrived nicely presented. The chicken was fine. Sadly my slamon was fairly thick and was well cooked on the outside but almost raw on the inside. I prefer mine salmon soft and not overdone but this was not good. They took it away with not much of an apology and a while later it reappeared - not a bit overdone - small apology later but they may have overheard a comment . It is a BYO - $2.50 corkage. We only had about a 3rd of a bottle from a tasting earlier - they didnt charge maybe as a sop for bad service - who knows?

• Visited February 2013

Hobart, Australia
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of four and we all had variations of the menu Devonshire Tea. I will say that the staff had no problems with us all requesting something slightly different from the menu. What I can't say though is that the they were overly friendly. Sure, they were prompt and efficient and we certainly had nothing to complain about but just a little warmth would have gone a long way. There were three waiting staff and one of them was reasonably friendly; maybe I am being a little tough but in a town that depends on tourism I expected a little more

The food itself was very good and the tea was fine. Three of us had scones with jam and cream and I had savoury scones with relish; both the scones and relish were excellent. The rest of our party all enjoyed theirs as well.

I would be happy to come back and try again. Who knows, on another day the experience could be different.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Not too bad”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place was twice recommended to us but the coffee was terrible and the meals very average. Maybe they were having an off day?

Visited January 2013
Hobart, Australia
“Disappointing coffee”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stopped here for brunch a couple of times and takeaway coffees. Unfortunately, despite giving them a couple of goes, the coffee is rather average. Breakfast has always been tasty, but if it's busy, expect a wait. As per below comments, service can be a little slow.

The inside, whilst having interesting artwork hanging, could do with a makeover. They've got such a lovely high exposure corner spot, in a tourist town, which they could make so much more appealing on the inside.

• Visited November 2012
Southport, Australia
“A good find”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This little restaurant was recommended by a local winemaker as having good food at a reasonable price. His recommendation proved to be spot-on. My wife had prawns in a garlic cream sauce, and I had the fish of the day. Both meals were well-cooked and delicious. This is not a fancy restaurant, but has a warm ambiance, a comfy local feel, and friendly staff.

• Visited December 2012