“Very poor service”
Review of Cafe Mi Luna - CLOSED

Cafe Mi Luna
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We arrived at Mi Luna, my girlfriend ordered a coffee and I ordered a milkshake. We sat down and she changed her mind about the coffee so went to the counter about 30 seconds after we made the order and was told that it had already been put through the computer and so couldn't be changed (even though it hadn't been made yet).

We waited about half an hour for our things, which came seperately so my girlfriend had already finished her stuff by the time my milkshake arrived. During this half an hour I looked into the cafe and the two waitresses were stood about chatting and laughing about something on their mobile phones, when they saw I was looking at them they just laughed and carried on.

The milkshake arrived and was terrible, just bits of blended up chocolate bar floating about in icy slush, didn't actually appear to have any milk in it. I said that I didn't want to pay for it because it was awful but they insisted that as it had been made and put on the computer it had to be paid for. They eventually agreed to put a couple of scoops of ice cream in as well at my suggestion but made a big show about how much I was inconveniencing them by doing this.

This is the worst service I have received in the whole of Peru. There were another couple complaining to the waitresses about their order while we were there also. Very disappointing considering it's the most expensive coffee shop on the sea front.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had a great time drinking two glasses of wine seeing the sunset from its balcony. Very nice owner, and the food is good.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

very expensive, but cute. friendly staff and nice decorations and atmosphere

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I visited this beachfront café on a Sunday afternoon after lunch and ordered twice an espresso coffee for myself and a hot chocolate for my son.
The hot chocolate was served in a large cup and was worth 8 S/. which is a tad expensive for Peru.

I visited this beach front café on a Sunday afternoon after lunch and ordered twice an espresso coffee for myself and a hot chocolate for my son. Located on the corner of two streets, you can sit both inside and outside on uncommon seats. Unfortunately both my espressos were served too cold to be good for almost 2 USD each. The hot chocolate was served in a large cup and was worth 8 S/. which is a bit expensive for Peru.

Visité esta cafetería frente a la playa un domingo por la tarde después del almuerzo y pedi dos cafés expreso para mí y un chocolate caliente para mi hijo.
Ubicado en la esquina de dos calles, se puede sentarse tanto dentro como fuera en asientos fuera del comun
Por desgracia mis dos espressos fueron servidos demasiado frío para ser buenos, costando casi 2 dólares cada uno.
El chocolate caliente fue servido en una taza grande y costaba 8 S /. que es un poco caro para el Perú.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We went to this place because it has a great outdoor area overlooking the beach and a nice decor. Unfortunately the service was very slow. We had to get our own menus and then go in to order. It took 30 minutes for a tuna sandwich to come out and a fruit salad took even longer. It was nice food but the slow service was a shame. Also the prices were a little higher than usual.